1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Pathway to Prevention (P2P) for ME/CFS: A Dangerous Process
Gabby Klein gives an overview of the P2P process, shedding light on the pitfalls with advice as to what we can do in protest ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Spleen pain rather than what I have presumed for ages was stomach?

Discussion in 'General Symptoms' started by Willhm, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    I get gallbladder issues now. I didn't know what it was until I had an attack, and the GP gave me a poke in the right area and I said "OW" very loudly :p I don't eat a lot of fat (I prefer protein), but if I'm having vague pain, and poking myself in the right place confirms it's the gallbladder, the pain will stop if I avoid almost all fats for a bit. Then I'm usually good to go back to normal eating.

Anyhow, I think chronic inflammation is a somewhat common problem with ME/CFS, and that does impact internal organs.
  2. Legendrew

Legendrew Content team

UK
    I get these sorts of pains quite badly whenever I take any medication now. Paracetamol isn't too bad but usually gives me cramps that start in the left and move to the right. NSAIDs such as aspirin and ibuprofen now utterly decimate my stomach and cause me severe pain and cramping, not great when my most common and sometimes daily symptom of ME is headaches and migraines... :thumbdown:
    These drugs sometimes cause not just pain but other symptoms for me too such as the terrible tremor sensation I get when I overexert myself.
  3. rosie26

rosie26 Senior Member

NZ
    I used to get stabbing pain in my liver when I was severe, I had an ultra sound to check my gall bladder and that was fine, she checked all over my stomach, kidneys, couldn't find anything. I started getting a stab in the spleen area as well and thought don't say it's starting that side now.

I get lots of odd streaking pain that comes and goes quickly , I think it's coming from the nervous system ?
    Also get jerks all of a sudden, as if nerves are miss-firing.
    I also often get a sharp burning pain like someone has just jabbed me with a needle. I mostly get this one in the feet.

And the tremors are still an ongoing for me, I have had them all the way through with ME. Tremors after exertion, the deep chill tremors when deteriorating.
  4. LisaGoddard

LisaGoddard Senior Member

Taking any pro-inflammatory or anti-inflammatory medications (even if very mild forms) triggers increased pain. Basically anything that bumps up any part of my immune system. I don't know if stress does that?

See more popular forum discussions.