The Power and Pitfalls of Omics: George Davey Smith’s storming talk at ME/CFS conference
Read about the talk that stole the show at a recent ME/CFS conference in Simon McGrath's two-part blog.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Speech therapy eye gaze boards?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by ithought, Apr 1, 2014.

1. ithought

ithought

Wales uk
    Has anyone had to use an eye gaze board? How easy is it when laying in bed? Speech therapist is coming on Thursday. I already use speech software on my phone but sometimes even typing is too hard.

Would be interested to hear other peoples experiences.

rosie26 and *GG* like this.
  2. WillowJ

WillowJ คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl

WA, USA
    how'd your appointment go?

the person I know who uses that kind of device has muscular dystrophy. They seem to use a desktop, though.

ETA: my computer says it's Thursday, and it's night, but it's just past midnight to me. UK is about 8 hours ahead of here, so I suppose you haven't had your appointment just yet. Hope it goes well!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
    ithought and rosie26 like this.
  3. rosie26

rosie26 Senior Member

I just had a strange brain moment @WillowJ , I had a doctors appointment this morning and when I read your "how'd your appointment go" above, I thought you were talking to me lol - it was like you were asking me out loud. I kind of jumped a bit ready to respond with an answer.

ithought and WillowJ like this.
  4. WillowJ

WillowJ คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl

WA, USA
    you can always start a new thread or message me. :)

rosie26 likes this.
  5. ithought

ithought

Wales uk
    Was unusually tearful after to be honest but I think that's because it always feels so hopeless when they just give me equipment rather than 'treatment it feels kind of finale we 'discussed' my problems with the speech software - the keyboard is layer out different and i struggle to use it. But she has started me with a speech book http://www.speakbook.org/

rosie26 likes this.
  6. WillowJ

WillowJ คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl

WA, USA
    that's understandable. Treatment would be nicer for sure.

I hope you get used to the keyboard easily.

See more popular forum discussions.