The power and pitfalls of omics part 2: epigenomics, transcriptomics and ME/CFS
Simon McGrath concludes his blog about the remarkable Prof George Davey Smith's smart ideas for understanding diseases, which may soon be applied to ME/CFS.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Speech Difficulties

Discussion in 'Cognition' started by Junto, Dec 19, 2012.

1. ithought

ithought

Wales uk
    I am aware of ' not needing speech therapist' however there expertise can advise you on equipment that is most suitable to enable you to communicate. I have had no speech for over a week now, this isn't slurred speech it's a totally inability to process thoughts into speech or for them to even get as far as my moth muscles. Some people with very severe me will lose all ability to communicat via speech.

2. Santilion

Santilion

I've been stuttering for almost my whole life and since I got afflicted by ME it got considerably worse. I used to think it was merely due to a decline of my psychological health or because of my general drowsiness and tiredness.

However, after reading a recent study about a possible cause to stuttering, I got pretty bewildered. It was shown that stuttering could possibly be caused by a reduced blood flow to two certain parts of the brain that, not too surprising, are heavily involved with the speech.

Since me/cfs is believed to decrease the blood flow in the body, especially the brain, this could possibly account for an increased stuttering due to the applied decrease of blood flow.

The study: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/hbm.23487/abstract;jsessionid=F90FA1071AD28550B94CB5EDDB7FBE7D.f04t04?systemMessage=WOL Usage report download page will be unavailable on Friday 27th January 2017 at 23:00 GMT/ 18:00 EST/ 07:00 SGT (Saturday 28th Jan for SGT) for up to 2 hours due to essential server maintenance. Apologies for the inconvenience.

ithought and coomacats like this.

See more popular forum discussions.