1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

specific type of digestive enzyme has helped a lot

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by lizw118, Jun 5, 2013.

1. lizw118

lizw118 Senior Member

Hi everyone
    Just wanted to report that I have had improvements from one type of digestive enzyme supplement. It has a lot of uncommon stuff in it like phytase to break down phytic acid, things like that. The only brand that works for me is this one: http://www.renewlife.com/media/spec_sheets/SpecSheetRNL-Digest-More-Ultra.pdf
    it has to be the "ultra" kind. The regular kind doesn't work for me. I don't work for the company or have any vested interest in them, btw. I just have had good luck with that particular product. I have tried Creon and a bunch of other stuff and this one has helped more than those.
    HTH
    Liz
    globalpilot and cigana like this.
  2. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    That's great news Liz!

What symptoms is it helping in particular?
  3. lizw118

lizw118 Senior Member

Hi ukxmrv
    I have actually been able to wean down much farther on my hydrocortisone without having dizzy spells (POTS) and high heart rate as I usually do. I am now down to 12.5 mg of HC after 4 years of being on at least 25 mgs. This is a big thing for me. I am almost positive it is because of the enzymes.
    Here is a tmi moment, but it is helpful info: My poo now looks like a normal poo should look instead of having tiny bits of things in it. I also had little bumps on my backside that are gone now.
    I feel like it has helped with my entire system. I have to take like 4 of them with each thing I eat, though, not just one. The bottles are not cheap either.
    Liz

See more popular forum discussions.