• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

specific type of digestive enzyme has helped a lot

lizw118

Hi everyone
Just wanted to report that I have had improvements from one type of digestive enzyme supplement. It has a lot of uncommon stuff in it like phytase to break down phytic acid, things like that. The only brand that works for me is this one: http://www.renewlife.com/media/spec_sheets/SpecSheetRNL-Digest-More-Ultra.pdf
it has to be the "ultra" kind. The regular kind doesn't work for me. I don't work for the company or have any vested interest in them, btw. I just have had good luck with that particular product. I have tried Creon and a bunch of other stuff and this one has helped more than those.
HTH
Liz

lizw118

Hi ukxmrv
I have actually been able to wean down much farther on my hydrocortisone without having dizzy spells (POTS) and high heart rate as I usually do. I am now down to 12.5 mg of HC after 4 years of being on at least 25 mgs. This is a big thing for me. I am almost positive it is because of the enzymes.
Here is a tmi moment, but it is helpful info: My poo now looks like a normal poo should look instead of having tiny bits of things in it. I also had little bumps on my backside that are gone now.
I feel like it has helped with my entire system. I have to take like 4 of them with each thing I eat, though, not just one. The bottles are not cheap either.
Liz