1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 1 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. Part 1 of a 2-part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS. Part 1 focuses...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Special friend remembered

Discussion in 'Lifestyle Management' started by Nielk, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    Shell,

Yes. Please do. :)

Thanks for that.
  2. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    Yup. When I first heard from her worker that contacted me through Ncubator, it was during a time when I was inundated by emails from people who read my Ncubator articles, people who were lonely and looking for support. I was really worn thin and had not been going for extended relationships, most contacts were a couple of emails and that was all I could do.

But I knew this woman was more alone than any of us. No forums, no articles, no blogs, no "alternative fringe" information just the tired old crap from the CDC ... I often pictured what we did as me sitting at the mouth of a pit, talking to someone who was in a pit, trying to give them hope, encourage them to keep on, to keep them from feeling alone.

If she'd had a computer, I probably would have given it a pass. But no virtual life? Too grim.
    K2 for Hope likes this.
  3. Shell

Shell Senior Member

England
    THIS IS THE MEMORIAL LIST. There are many stories here and I think a study of death rates in Cfs/ME was done with some of those involved in this list.

Jody - I will post it, thanks x
    taniaaust1 likes this.
  4. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    Thanks Shell.

I appreciate it.
  5. K2 for Hope

K2 for Hope ALways Hoping

Jacksonville, FL 32258
    Jody, I love the way you are able to articulate. I can envision both, sitting on the edge of the pit, calling down to someone, "Hang On, Help is Coming" and sitting in the pit, calling up "Is Anyone Out There? Does Anyone Know I'm Dying Down Here?"

I will try to read more of your articles.

Thanks
    taniaaust1 and Dreambirdie like this.
  6. Dreambirdie

Dreambirdie work in progress

N. California
    Yes, Jody, you definitely are a skilled and articulate writer. I always appreciate your articles.

:thumbsup:
  7. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    K2 for Hope and Dreambirdie,

Thanks. Ya`ll are making me blush. :)
  8. leela

leela Slow But Hopeful

Couchland, USA
  9. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    Leela,

I went to the link about Will, what a heart break. My son is 22, he has been sick fir 6 yrs with what we're calling CFS, it is similar to yet different from mine... We are lucky, my family and I because our son Jesse is getting better. Can't imagine the pain of losing him.
  10. leela

leela Slow But Hopeful

Couchland, USA
    Oh, Jody, I'm so sorry to hear about your son having his youth kidnapped for so long.
    So very glad to know he's getting better! Sending love-vibes to all of you :)
  11. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    Thanks Leela. :)

See more popular forum discussions.