Phoenix Rising: The Gift That Keeps on Giving All Year Long
This holiday season Jody Smith turns her eyes to the people of Phoenix Rising and gives thanks for you all ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Spanish study of XMRV

Discussion in 'XMRV Research and Replication Studies' started by Rita, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Rita

Rita Senior Member

http://www.tv3.cat/videos/3070410/E...virus-amb-la-fatiga-cronica-i-la-fibromialgia

In the midday news today's regional television TV3 of Catalonia(Spain), have carried reports that a new retrovirus called XMRV is being investigated in the laboratory of virology IrsiCaixa of retroviruses ... Hospital de Can Ruti, Badalona. Says Dr. Juli Blanco, in the course of the interview, they are studying whether the XMRV could be the cause of Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, given the high prevalence of patients who tested positive. What is clear, is to be the biomarker of these diseases, the long-awaited diagnostic test objective and test to diagnose these diseases. Next week, all teams working in the XMRV retroviruses are found in the U.S. to unify criteria. IrsiCaixa is the reference laboratory in the study of HIV and the new retrovirus XMRV in Catalonia.(Spain)

2. leelaplay

leelaplay member

muchas gracias Rita! This is good news.

3. Sunshine

Sunshine Senior Member

UK
    Great find.

America, Holland, Spain all on TV now regarding XMRV and ME/CFS.

4. Rita

Rita Senior Member

A Spanish CFS doctor said, few days ago, there are not any european XMRV positive.
    I hope this changes after the XMRV meeting 7-9 september 2010.
    Surely there will be some european studies from Sweden, Belgique,Spain,UK , all positives.
    If you read the program of the meeting there are also some negatives studies.I desire the authors of this negative studies understand what they made wrong and not trying to defend his results.

See more popular forum discussions.