Review: 'Through the Shadowlands’ describes Julie Rehmeyer's ME/CFS Odyssey
I should note at the outset that this review is based on an audio version of the galleys and the epilogue from the finished work. Julie Rehmeyer sent me the final version as a PDF, but for some reason my text to voice software (Kurzweil) had issues with it. I understand that it is...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Spanish patient with chronic mercury intoxication goes on hunger strike

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by V99, Jul 27, 2010.

1. V99

V99

UK
    Posted on European Society ME.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/ESME-European-Society-for-ME/326113349124?created

2. serg1942

serg1942 Senior Member

Spain
    HELP Prof. Servando P. on HUNGER STRIKE! Support letter

Hi everybody,

I’m very glad to see this new posted here. Servando Prez is the President of the association I belong to, MERCURIADOS (www.mercuriados.org), as well as a friend and an extraordinary person. He is in a very delicate situation, risking his life to try to get his right of being attended properly by the Spanish public health system (Social Security), for the conditions he was diagnosed by the very same Social Security that now is trying to hide it all! He has been officially diagnosed with chronic mercury poisoning from amalgam fillings, and, as a result, also was diagnosed with CFS, FM, MQS, mitochondrial myopathy, and with a myriad of other conditions that have being appearing over time.

If you would like to help Servando, please sign this
    letter of support:

http://www.asquifyde.es/uploads/noticias/ESCRITO DE ADHESIÓN A SERVANDO PÉREZ publicado en web.rtf

(You’ll find the English version of the letter at the bottom of this Word file)

It must be filled out, attached, and forwarded to the following e-mails at the same time, with the subject: “Carta de adhesin en apoyo a Servando Prez” –meaning: “Letter in support of Servando Prez”:

mercuriados@gmail.com
    cristobeja@hotmail.com

Your help will be much appreciated!. His fight is also our fight!

Thanks to you all, and wishing the best to Servando,
    Sergio

P.S. Please, forward this message to all the people you know who would also be willing to help Servando.

3. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    Hi, I tried the file, but it's appearing as corrupted. I have an old version of Word on a Mac, which could be part of the problem.

Anyway, the chelation part of the therapy is very cheap and can be done at home by yourself. I would be very afraid of using any sort of IV chelation, as the amounts of mercury coming out would likely be too much for your body to handle.

If you do it yourself via oral chelation, then you can adjust the amounts so that you don't get adverse effects when the mercury is coming out. I used a pill called Chelex which contains chelators such as DMSA, EDTA, cilantro, chlorella, NAC and ALA. For example, I was using something like 1/16 of a pill a couple times a week.

You should also spend about a month increasing your mineral intake before starting chelation. You can test for the presence of metals and mineral status by using the Doctor's Data Metals and Minerals urine test. That's about $100. Do one before you start and one after 6 months to see where you're at with the chelation.

The expensive part is removing the mercury fillings which needs to be done by a dentist who is trained to protect you from more mercury being released as the fillings are removed. That can be several thousand dollars.

Rich Vank's methylation protocol is also very inexpensive, and will help unblock the methylation block which caused the mercury buildup in the first place. It will also cause detox, so that should be done carefully at a pace which controls adverse effects from the toxins coming out. I've had about an 80% reduction in MCS (MQS) by doing Rich's protocol.

4. willow

willow Senior Member

East Midlands
    I sent the support letter/emails without problem.

Wishing him strength and success in his fight and better health.

5. serg1942

serg1942 Senior Member

Spain
  6. serg1942

serg1942 Senior Member

Spain

See more popular forum discussions.