• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Spanish news article about Lupus, CFS and XMRV

Jemal

I found this news article talking about Lupus, CFS and XMRV. I used Google translate and the gist seems to be this: 40% of Lupus patients also have been diagnosed with CFS. Two recent Spanish studies have found that there's a correlation between overexpression of a protein and the impact it has on CD4 and T lymphocytes. The other study found no XMRV in patients with CFS and patients with Lupus/CFS.

The T lymphocytes should direct the B cells (or soldiers as this article calls them) to attack pathogens. But somehow in Lupus the B cells have gone mad (attacking healthy cells) and the T lymphocytes don't seem to be restraining them.

I guess they have been researching a link with XMRV, because another explanation could be that the T lymphocytes are doing their job, just like the B cells. The healthy cells might in fact be infected with a virus like XMRV.

http://www.noticiasmedicas.es/medic...ve-del-ataque-autoinmune-del-Lupus/Page1.html