• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Soy Derived Phospholipids and Soy Intolerance

acrosstheveil

Klinghardt strongly recommends soy derived phospholipids for eliminating neurotoxins. I have had trouble with all forms of soy in the past. Is this a true intolerance or could the soy actually be mobilizing neurotoxins within my brain? Anyone else have experience with soy intolerance and phospholipids?

place

Be Strong!
Wonderful! I was going to post my results on testing soy derived phospholipids….. I got the nt Factor (NutriCology) and have had not had much issue. My sinuses go nuts when I ingest any food with soy.

The last two nights I have take it, maybe1-2 hours afterwards (when I take soy its immediate) I get sleepy and then really wired. I have only taken it for 3 nights.. so take this with a grain of salt.

Martial

I think you will be alright its a derivative of soy but its lecithin not the form that usually causes allergic reaction and the like. Kind of like how Whey is derived from milk but does not have lactose so no allergies, unless someone reacts to whey itself.. Though whey is known to cause more allergies then soy lecithin, lecithin is in like 99% of supplements anyways.

place

Be Strong!
Ok, I have ben having some weird issues, that I attribute to the phospholipids: excess mucus in sinus and throat.

When I ingest soy, I get sinus pain but not mucus. In fact, I feel like I have no mucus at all in my sinuses, soy or no soy. The only thing I get out of my sinuses is big globs of infection/biofilm (i think). I don't get drainage down the throat or a runny nose. Just blobs of glob.

The phospholipids- after 30 minutes of taking it, I get drainage and excess mucus. I sometimes have to blow my nose! this has been slowly moving from my nose now down to my throat (over the course of 4 days). It was so bad last night that I kept caughing every time I breathed in or out. The mucus was thick in my throat.

I wanted to see where it would go but thinking of my husband, I took allegra and benadryl and it reduced the problem.

So I'm not sure if it is an allergy or immune reaction. I did a small search last night on phospholipids but found nothing. Will try again today.

acrosstheveil

i can't even tolerate soy lecithin even though it supposedly is okay for soy intolerant people. it will make me wired for days, severe painful bloating, causes me to break out, and generally just makes me feel insane.

acrosstheveil

i think i'm going to pass on any soy derived phospholipids for the time being. why do all the manufacturers and food companies love soy so much? they advertise "gluten free, dairy free, egg free,etc." then they go and add a ton of soy into the mix!!!! arghhhhh! so dumb. if you are only going to exclude 3 out of 4 of the major allergens whats the point? I know they love soy because it is cheap but I think they would profit more if they excluded soy because then soy intolerant people would buy their products.