August 8th, 2016: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
Jody Smith joins with other ME voices in honor of Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Southern california doctors

Discussion in 'ME/CFS Doctors' started by Squirmy85, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Squirmy85

Squirmy85

Looking for a doctor in southern California who will take my symptoms seriously. All doctors so far just want to put me on ssris until they find one that works.

I do not do well on ssri but they insist it will help . I know better cause I've been on so many all with the same reaction of suicide attempts (not even thoughts but actual attempts) which they also don't take seriously. I prefer natural -ish supplements and vitamins.

Need a doctor who will do correct lab work and not tell me I'm wrong with how I feel or what is and isn't working

2. BellaSC

BellaSC

Hello Squirmy85,

Dr. John Chia is in Southern California- Torrance to be exact. His specialty is Chronic Fatigue.
    Dr. Chia is brilliant and very supportive.
    Ive been a patient of his for several years. He's wonderful !!

Jennifer J likes this.
  3. Justin30

Justin30 Senior Member

Hey there,

I know how you feel i have taken SSRIs and had severe reacttions to them. This is a Chemical sensitivity assocoated with ME/CFS typically. I am now very cautious what I put in it.

I highly encourage you to buy/download the Kindle Version of a book called:

CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME: A TREATMENT GUIDE 2ND EDITION

this will give you great insight into many prescription, alternative, natural and helpful lifestyle accomodations. I see a top Dr not Dr Chia but my Dr speaks highly of him.

I believe OMI is in California as well.

See more popular forum discussions.