The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Southern california doctors

Discussion in 'ME/CFS Doctors' started by Squirmy85, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Squirmy85

Squirmy85

Looking for a doctor in southern California who will take my symptoms seriously. All doctors so far just want to put me on ssris until they find one that works.

I do not do well on ssri but they insist it will help . I know better cause I've been on so many all with the same reaction of suicide attempts (not even thoughts but actual attempts) which they also don't take seriously. I prefer natural -ish supplements and vitamins.

Need a doctor who will do correct lab work and not tell me I'm wrong with how I feel or what is and isn't working

2. BellaSC

BellaSC

Hello Squirmy85,

Dr. John Chia is in Southern California- Torrance to be exact. His specialty is Chronic Fatigue.
    Dr. Chia is brilliant and very supportive.
    Ive been a patient of his for several years. He's wonderful !!

Jennifer J likes this.
  3. Justin30

Justin30 Senior Member

Hey there,

I know how you feel i have taken SSRIs and had severe reacttions to them. This is a Chemical sensitivity assocoated with ME/CFS typically. I am now very cautious what I put in it.

I highly encourage you to buy/download the Kindle Version of a book called:

CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME: A TREATMENT GUIDE 2ND EDITION

this will give you great insight into many prescription, alternative, natural and helpful lifestyle accomodations. I see a top Dr not Dr Chia but my Dr speaks highly of him.

I believe OMI is in California as well.

See more popular forum discussions.