• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Source of electric roasted coffee

Hugocfs

My doctor recently put me on Theron Randolph's rotary diversified diet. I have seen a definite improvement. On the days I am allowed to drink coffee, I have a lot of energy. However, it has a too wired feeling to it. Perhaps I would do better on electric-roasted coffee rather than the standard propane-roasted. I can only find one source on the internet where you have to buy in 10 lb lots at approximately $77. Does anyone know of a site where I can buy a smaller quantity to just try it out? Thanks in advance.

MikeJackmin

I'm a minor coffee geek myself but I have never heard of this before. If you don't mind my asking, what's the difference between the two?

Hugocfs

Some people are sensitive to chemicals including natural gas. When the coffee is roasted with natural gas, it gets contaminated in the process. Electric roasted coffee obviously doesn't have this problem. So my feeling of being too wired may not necessarily be from the caffeine or the coffee itself, but rather from the natural gas contaminants. Maybe far-fetched but worth a try. On the day I am allowed to have tea, I get the same wired feeling but not to the same extent or for the same duration. Tea doesn't have as much caffeine so maybe it is just a proportional response to the caffeine. On the other hand, I know that teas are often contaminated with pesticides and mycotoxins so maybe I am reacting to those as well. Hard to untangle the web.

Btw, the way the diet works is as follows. All foods are grouped into one of 137 food groups. You can eat from the same food group every other day, but not the same food for four days. So for instance, group 74 is the Solanaceace or potato family. So very simply an example would be on day one you can eat tomato, on day 3 you can eat potato, and on day 3 you can eat tomato again. The book she told me to read is An Alternative Approach to Allergies by Theron Randolph and Ralph Moss.

I have been on the diet for about a month now. I've noticed the following:
1) Previously if I ate what I considered a moderate size meal, I felt stuffed and for quite a while. That disappeared within a week.
2) I have dropped 5 lbs. I don't know if this is necessarily a good thing as I am 5'11" and weighed only 155 lbs to begin with.
3) Food cravings have basically disappeared.
4) My appetite although always good is very good now. I eat like a horse.
5) Nasal congestion has mostly cleared up and relatively small amounts of daily thick white or yellow nasal discharge has stopped.
5) Most importantly my energy level has increased. I developed an activity index a couple of years ago. I have gone from about 90 up to almost 95. I can't wait until I reach my goal of 100 consistently. Then I am ditching the index. It is a bit of pain to keep track of how many hours I am upright during the day (i.e. not laying down) and how many minutes I am on my feet standing and/or walking.

She had me make a couple of other changes that may be helping as well. I take 2 coconut charcoal caps per day. (She thinks part of my problem may be pesticides since I work in agriculture.) I also bought 3 air purifiers, two for home and one for work. In addition, on my own I added Clearway Cofactors. It is suppose to upregulate Phases II and III of your detox system. I figured that would help to get the pesticides out into the intestines. (The charcoal acts as a binder in your intestines so the pesticides don't get reabsorbed by enteroheptatic recirculation.) Clearway Cofactors is a product like Protandim, but the critical difference is that the creator of this product, Dr. Chris Shade, says that it is crucial that it is pulsed, 5 days on and 2 days off. Otherwise, your body gets use to the active ingredients and the upregulation disappears. The instructions on the other hand for Protandim is to be taken every day.

I hope you are still with me (sorry for being long winded), but I thought I might share the latest thing that has brought me to near full recovery.

Last edited: