• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Source Naturals Dibencozide

LaurieL

Something is not right with this product for me. It seems less potent to me. Any one else have the same observations?

Laurie

Freddd

Something is not right with this product for me. It seems less potent to me. Any one else have the same observations?

Laurie

Hi Laurie,

I haven't received mine yet. In what way is it different or less potent? Can you put your finger on it? Have you tried 5 at a time and compared how much shows up in urine to at least check for comparable absorption?

jeffrez

The Anabol Naturals is very potent. I took half of one and had a strong reaction.

LaurieL

Freddd,

I did the 50 mg challenge on wednesday with it. Wednesday was fine. Thursday was not. Half of today was not. And then whatever was going on seems to have lifted.

I believe I absorb every last bit of it, because I do not get a color change in my urine. Red or yellow, nothing.

And here is something else weird, when I first started doing the methylation, after the first few weeks, if you will remember I believe I talked about hot flashes, or fever flashes that didn't seem to coincide with any of my dosages or that of the B Right either. These were random, sometimes happening quickly or as far as three hours after dosing. This happened intermittently throughout the day, and lasted for about three weeks and then just went away.

I got those back today. They started after whatever weird was going on lifted. For thrusday and part of today, I was back in my matted glass house. My eyes were bothering me, and were red too. Then, after my afternoon normal dose, poof, dissappeared and now the hot flashes. That dose I paired with DMG BTW.

That matted glass house feeling got me to wondering if perhaps the adenosyl from Source Naturals may not be potent enough, but I now don't believe that to be the case.

Do you think that challenge could have had that type of effect?

Laurie

Shellbell

Hi Laurie,

I need to order more adb12. Would you at this point recommend trying the Source Naturals brand? Also, are you still taking the B-Right or are you trying a different brand?

Thanks,
Shelly

Freddd

Freddd,

I did the 50 mg challenge on wednesday with it. Wednesday was fine. Thursday was not. Half of today was not. And then whatever was going on seems to have lifted.

I believe I absorb every last bit of it, because I do not get a color change in my urine. Red or yellow, nothing.

And here is something else weird, when I first started doing the methylation, after the first few weeks, if you will remember I believe I talked about hot flashes, or fever flashes that didn't seem to coincide with any of my dosages or that of the B Right either. These were random, sometimes happening quickly or as far as three hours after dosing. This happened intermittently throughout the day, and lasted for about three weeks and then just went away.

I got those back today. They started after whatever weird was going on lifted. For thrusday and part of today, I was back in my matted glass house. My eyes were bothering me, and were red too. Then, after my afternoon normal dose, poof, dissappeared and now the hot flashes. That dose I paired with DMG BTW.

That matted glass house feeling got me to wondering if perhaps the adenosyl from Source Naturals may not be potent enough, but I now don't believe that to be the case.

Do you think that challenge could have had that type of effect?

Laurie

Hi Laurie,

I think you have this backwards. If you absorbed any significant amount into your serum you would have seen it in your urine. It takes somewhere between 2.5 and 5mg absorbed usually to start showing up in urine in the couple of hours following the 50mg. If this absorbed the same as Jarrow mb12 or Country Life Dibencozide you would have absorbed 7.5-12.5mg in 45-120 minutes.

Have you tried this same challange with Country Life as the basis of effect and absorption comparison or Jarrow mb12 as a basis of absorption comparison. In my experience one feels it by the end of the absorption period if it is going to be felt. I have some doubt that it is being absorbed as well as those other brands.

got those back today. They started after whatever weird was going on lifted. For thrusday and part of today, I was back in my matted glass house. My eyes were bothering me, and were red too. Then, after my afternoon normal dose, poof, dissappeared and now the hot flashes. That dose I paired with DMG BTW.

What "afternoon normal dose"? I would suggest trying it again without the DMG. That makes for two unknowns. Are you taking l-carnitine fumarate?

I would expect that "b12" effect to be the same as the County Life. The folic acid is responsible for for improved energy. Perhaps what is needed is to take 1600mcg of Metafolin with the Country Life and then 800mcg of Metafolin with the Source Natural next time to try to set the stage the same. Also you need to be taking Metafolin routinely I would suggest, to then get a solid reading on this.

LaurieL

Hi Laurie,

I need to order more adb12. Would you at this point recommend trying the Source Naturals brand? Also, are you still taking the B-Right or are you trying a different brand?

Thanks,
Shelly

I can tell you definatively that I am having trouble splitting the high dosage between the times my body demands it and staying at 40. I am going to try to get the source naturals at a lower dosage concentration and use both dosages to better suit what my body tells me it needs at certain times of the day.

Yes, I am still taking the B right. I have a supply in which I am not capable financially of replacing. Each capsule contains 400 mcg of folic acid. Here's my thing with folic acid. I do not believe I am capable of converting folic acid at the higher dosages of what I was getting, when taking the Counrty Life product. I am hoping I can atleast convert small amounts. Instead of 2 capsules a day, I cut back to one, and timed it away from the methylfolate or methyl B. When I started this protocol and was having such signifigant results, the folic acid didn't seem to be such a problem, but my dosages were quite a bit smaller (but then again, I sure did react with a histamine reaction didn't I, the rash and all?). I am hoping the 400mcg will be considered negligible by my body. And with the experience I had with the folic acid at the higher levels, and the ratio I was able to determine with myself, that being 3-4:1 of methylfolate to folic acid, my ratio now after changing adenosyl's is much higher. So again, hopefully negligable.

I have had huge leaps in changes to my skin occuring since dropping the Country Life with folic acid. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

I have tried other brands, but I have not been quite so pleased with them for one reason or the other. I wish Jarrow would take the folic acid out of it altogether, with it being in our food supply, there is really no need for it to be included in many formulas out there now.

Also, about the probiotics. No, I don't take them. I was wanting a stool test to confirm what either is or isn't in my intestines. I have had some bad experiences with them, and I know something is akilter. I don't want to inadvertently feed the wrong thing and make things infinately worse. Don't get me wrong, I don't ignore this issue either, I am proactive about what goes in. Nutrition and support and gentle cleansing, and natural toxin binders, etc. Until I can get that test. Very soon.

Laurie

LaurieL

Freddd,

I have many comments but I am time crunched this morning and will be back this evening. It will give me time to find the filter that should be on my mouth....:innocent1:

Laurie

Freddd

The Anabol Naturals is very potent. I took half of one and had a strong reaction.

HI Mr.Kite,

That one is a 10mg capsule, correct? Are you swallowing it? How does it compare to the Country Life in single 3mg dose of 45-120 minutes? Or what duration is equivalent?

Usually one would expect about 1% absorption from 10mg oral, and 100mcg would make a noticeable change and taken on a daily basis would probably be entirely satisfactory for the body deficiency. The problem is that some folks have CSF-adb12 deficiency and that is more difficult to deal with and needs larger absorbed doses. Good to know that it is working. It gives us another alternative.

LaurieL

I think you have this backwards. If you absorbed any significant amount into your serum you would have seen it in your urine. It takes somewhere between 2.5 and 5mg absorbed usually to start showing up in urine in the couple of hours following the 50mg. If this absorbed the same as Jarrow mb12 or Country Life Dibencozide you would have absorbed 7.5-12.5mg in 45-120 minutes.

Freddd,

I have seen some color changes to my urine, but those days are sporadic, and the changes are correlated with an odor. Again. Just like when I first started the DMG sometime ago. Except when this "odor" is present, the color of my urine doesn't LOOK any different than what is termed normal straw colored. And really the only 'change" visually that has been quite noticable is the clarity of it. It was once very cloudy, and my urinalysis results confirmed multiple epithelial cells, yadi ya. It isn't anymore.

The BRight will change the color for a few to six hours or so, but that is due to the B2 in it.

If I weren't absorbing than I wouldn't of reacted in a positive manner for start up symptoms. Of which BTW, I again have the same start up symptoms from the Source Naturals AdB12 that I did when I first started the protocol recommendations from you with the Country Life Adb12.

If there is a change in my urine color, then I don't recognize it, or I have kidney problems if I can't excrete it. But the recognizable color change from the BRight would indicate that I most likely do not recognize the color changes you refer to.

Have you tried this same challange with Country Life as the basis of effect and absorption comparison or Jarrow mb12 as a basis of absorption comparison. In my experience one feels it by the end of the absorption period if it is going to be felt. I have some doubt that it is being absorbed as well as those other brands.

I have done the 51mg challenge many times inadvertently with the Country Life Adb12. I had nothing then occuring like I do know. That being change in vison clarity, headaches, irritability. I was doubting its potency compared to the other, not my absorption capacity. Which I don't believe is the issue. These headaches are a classic startup symptom for me with Adenosyl B12.

What "afternoon normal dose"? I would suggest trying it again without the DMG. That makes for two unknowns. Are you taking l-carnitine fumarate?

I would expect that "b12" effect to be the same as the County Life. The folic acid is responsible for for improved energy. Perhaps what is needed is to take 1600mcg of Metafolin with the Country Life and then 800mcg of Metafolin with the Source Natural next time to try to set the stage the same. Also you need to be taking Metafolin routinely I would suggest, to then get a solid reading on this.

What?!! I don't know since switching whether you are experiencing start up again or not, or whether you just haven't been paying attention. I have posted my dosages I take and of what before, and perhaps I have been brain fucked, in that I thought since we were so similar in our reactions and high dosages, that you were aware of those.

DMG is not a "new thing" for me. I have been taking it for quite sometime, as the thread DMG will attest. Why on earth would I try it without? That would be a new parameter. The only thing I have changed is the adenosyl b.

And I believe you have asked me multiple times about the LCarnitine Fumarate. Yes, I am taking it.

As far as energy, after nine days on the new product, the Source Naturals, that initial fatigue has since gone away, again.

This next sentence of yours just blows me away. How can you even suggest to take the Country Life with the folic acid? Knowing that it was the folic acid in the first place in which I believed was stalling my progress in the first place, of which you paid attention to, and are now changing your protocol suggestions? !! And since cutting the folic acid down to just what was in the BRight, and the progress in healing since that, I won't touch the Country Life again, considering the high doses of adeno that I need which would again result in the high doses of folic acid that I don't want.

Metafolin routinely? Your kidding me. How many times have I posted that information? I started with the ad b12, and then the methyl b12, and then the metafolin. Probably been taking it "routinely" since November 2010. ??? 8800 remember?

I don't know what is going on here, but this post sounds opposite and contridictory to what we have discussed in the past on these threads.

You know, I am now thoroughly confused.

Laurie

LaurieL

Clarification

To those following this thread.

I want to make it very clear that I am appreciative of anyones opinion including Freddds. Whether I agree or not, so my response above is not to be misunderstood and that I really am "just confused". I also want to make it clear that I am appreciative of all the hard work that many of you including Freddd have put in to all this to allow someone like me to get on the road to getting my life back.

Just a bit of a disagreement, thats all.

Laurie

Freddd

Freddd,

I have seen some color changes to my urine, but those days are sporadic, and the changes are correlated with an odor. Again. Just like when I first started the DMG sometime ago. Except when this "odor" is present, the color of my urine doesn't LOOK any different than what is termed normal straw colored. And really the only 'change" visually that has been quite noticable is the clarity of it. It was once very cloudy, and my urinalysis results confirmed multiple epithelial cells, yadi ya. It isn't anymore.

The BRight will change the color for a few to six hours or so, but that is due to the B2 in it.

If I weren't absorbing than I wouldn't of reacted in a positive manner for start up symptoms. Of which BTW, I again have the same start up symptoms from the Source Naturals AdB12 that I did when I first started the protocol recommendations from you with the Country Life Adb12.

If there is a change in my urine color, then I don't recognize it, or I have kidney problems if I can't excrete it. But the recognizable color change from the BRight would indicate that I most likely do not recognize the color changes you refer to.

I have done the 51mg challenge many times inadvertently with the Country Life Adb12. I had nothing then occuring like I do know. That being change in vison clarity, headaches, irritability. I was doubting its potency compared to the other, not my absorption capacity. Which I don't believe is the issue. These headaches are a classic startup symptom for me with Adenosyl B12.

What?!! I don't know since switching whether you are experiencing start up again or not, or whether you just haven't been paying attention. I have posted my dosages I take and of what before, and perhaps I have been brain fucked, in that I thought since we were so similar in our reactions and high dosages, that you were aware of those.

DMG is not a "new thing" for me. I have been taking it for quite sometime, as the thread DMG will attest. Why on earth would I try it without? That would be a new parameter. The only thing I have changed is the adenosyl b.

And I believe you have asked me multiple times about the LCarnitine Fumarate. Yes, I am taking it.

As far as energy, after nine days on the new product, the Source Naturals, that initial fatigue has since gone away, again.

This next sentence of yours just blows me away. How can you even suggest to take the Country Life with the folic acid? Knowing that it was the folic acid in the first place in which I believed was stalling my progress in the first place, of which you paid attention to, and are now changing your protocol suggestions? !! And since cutting the folic acid down to just what was in the BRight, and the progress in healing since that, I won't touch the Country Life again, considering the high doses of adeno that I need which would again result in the high doses of folic acid that I don't want.

Metafolin routinely? Your kidding me. How many times have I posted that information? I started with the ad b12, and then the methyl b12, and then the metafolin. Probably been taking it "routinely" since November 2010. ??? 8800 remember?

I don't know what is going on here, but this post sounds opposite and contridictory to what we have discussed in the past on these threads.

You know, I am now thoroughly confused.

Laurie

Hi Laurie,

First, I ask for the information as it exists right now, a snapshot, not necessarily what it was last week or last year. Then I read posts by hundreds of people. There is no way I can even begin to keep what everybody is taking in mind at the same time, even if they have mentioned it 5 times in the past 5 days. I've made dumb mistakes trying to do so over and over. I'm not the character on Criminal Minds with an eidetic memory. My memory isn't as good as it was before the severe deficiency decades. I don't have time to go chase down information spread over half a dozen posts. I'm not trying to confuse you, just trying to make sense of what you hand to me, some of which confuses me.

You said that you thought that the new dibencozide wasn't as potent as the Country Life. One dose of it with folic acid will pass within a day or so. I was looking for a comparison. If you were absorbing 7.5-12.5mg or even anything over 5mg you likely would see the color change towards orange if there is a lot of yellow component in the urine or towards pink if the urine would otherwise be colorless, once, about 2 hours after the dose.

I was trying to confirm the absorption you were getting with a known product and see if you were getting the same absorption with the new unknown product.

No form of b12 makes urine cloudy. The red coloration is a clear red or mixed with yellow, orange. Cloudy is a different attribute caused by something else.

Actually no, until you mentioned 8800. That rang a bell.

Now b12 does have a faint odor most likely wouldn't notice but it comes with the color, the more odor the more color.

B12, ANY variety, has been used to test the efficiency of the specific tubules in the kidney that excrete it without any reabsorption. You would be the first person I've talked to that isn't on dialysis who doesn't excrete b12 in the urine. So I am forced to assume that you are not absorbing it at the rate expected, or even 50% of it. So maybe that is why you need so much adb12. I'm just trying to get to the bottom of it all.

I hope that I have helped clear up your confusion and now hope that you can help clear mine up.