Julie Rehmeyer's 'Through the Shadowlands'
Writer Never Give Up talks about Julie Rehmeyer's new book "Through the Shadowlands: A Science Writer's Odyssey into an Illness Science Doesn't Understand" and shares an interview with Julie ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Source Naturals Dibencozide

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Ewa, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Ewa

Ewa

After reading about vit B and methylation I decided to try it and go with Fredds protocol.
    While searching and trying to order supplements I found this review on Source Naturals Dibencozide:
    http://www.iherb.com/product-review...ncozide-Coenzymated-B-12-60-Tablets/2454/?p=1

Is it true?
    Should I ignore it?

Also, I was diagnose with CIRS / biotoxin ilness and have really bad POTS.
    I wonder if methylation can be enough for removing biotoxins.
    Do you know any success story about recovering from POTS using methylation protocol?

Thanks,
    Ewa

2. PeterPositive

PeterPositive Senior Member

No, not true. The label is correct.
    Dibencozide is just another name for Adenosyl-B12. The product does not contain methyl-B12.
    I have been taking quite a lot of these lozenges. They are fine.

cheers

3. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    My sense is that you'll need to do some deliberate detox procedures. Methylation will help the process, and detox will likely help w/ methylation.

I found this basic info re POTS really helpful. There's a prompt on right side for pdf. I now feel that I have POTS-lite. Treating it as though it's a mast cell issue, using mast cell stabilizing royal jelly and mangosteen, has helped.

4. Ewa

Ewa

Thanks.
    Good to know.

5. DonnaMaree

DonnaMaree

Hi Ewa,
    I left that review on iHerb and IT IS TRUE! That is the response that I got via email from their customer service. They also said "If you are not happy with the product send it back and we will refund." Can you refund me the 6 months that I experimented with it???? That is the only review I have ever left for a product and I did so because I was really upset that Source Naturals would not disclose that on the product. Here I was for months trying to get the balance of B12 right, only to find that I wasn't taking ANY Adenosyl!!.

Donna (Australia)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2016
    Chezboo likes this.
  6. Ewa

Ewa

Thanks Donna.

7. PeterPositive

PeterPositive Senior Member

I am not sure I follow this.
    Why would Source Naturals sell methyl-cobalamin as Dibencozide when they already sell methyl-cobalamin in various dosages?

I have used their Dibencozide for a few years and even from experience I can tell you that it is not metyl-B12, the effect is pretty different.

It sounds like there must have been a misunderstanding maybe?

8. alicec

alicec Senior Member

Australia
    I have had a similar experience with this product and also wonder if there is some misunderstanding.

I looked on the Source Naturals website to see if it offered more information than is present on the bottle. It made this statement.

This is a description of the function of adenosylB12, NOT methylB12.

I would be happier if they actually stated adenosylcobalamin somewhere, but still, dibencozide is the accepted name for this form of B12.

I tried to send an email asking for further clarification but the link wasn't working. I may try again later.

Marc_NL and PeterPositive like this.

See more popular forum discussions.