• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sorry - a TMI stool question.....Ammonia

Hi everyone;

I'm looking for a little guidance - I am stuck! I had great results adding in methyl-folate and methyl-B12. I still can't add in l-carnitine fumarate or much of anything else as I get extremely irritable and/or anxious. I will work on adding slowly.

However, I am wondering about ammonia. I frequently have stools that smell unbelievably strongly of ammonia. Seriously - not a normal amount of ammonia. At first I thought it may have been from taking L-glutamine, but I stopped that quite some time ago and am still having the issue. Looking back, I think it may have started when I got some methylation going. Is this possible?

Any thoughts on why this could be happening? My mutations are below if that helps at all. Thank you!!!

COMT V158M GG -/-
COMT H62H CC -/-
COMT P199P GG -/-
VDR Bsm CT +/-
VDR Taq AG +/-
MAO A R297R TT +/+
ACAT1-02 AG +/-
MTHFR C677T GG -/-
MTHFR 03 P39P GG -/-
MTHFR A1298C GT +/-
MTR A2756G AA -/-
MTRR A66G AG +/-