• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sore/Weak Shoulders/Muscles

Hi all,

I've had incredible success over the past year or so by supporting methylation with folate, mb12, etc. However, taking folate and/or mb12 causes my muscles (and esp shoulders) to become extremely sore and weak. I'm a pretty strong guy normally but the folate and mb12 completely changes that. Oddly enough, my endurance capacity has gone up dramatically. I've tried high doses of potassium gluconate daily with little to no change.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
That's a new one to me. Maybe if you added "with Methylation Support" to the title, it would catch the attention of the right person.

stridor

There are some overlap symptoms between Fibro and CFS/ME. I had sore shoulders for years that were more noticeable when I would try to sleep on my side. I am not a back sleeper and so I had a dickens of a time getting comfortable. I was weak everywhere.

There is still the odd time that I pick up on some residual tenderness but it is pretty good now. Freddd's Protocol made a huge difference in me in so many ways but it did not take away this particular symptom. We are all different but in the end but this went away with chelation for mercury toxicity.

Awesome news! I'm currently chelating for mercury via Cutler's protocol. I'm going to give it a year of religiously consistent intake and hope for the best.

stridor

If you are on facebook you may know my brother Brian, he is one of the moderators there. Good luck with chelation. You are lucky. I was 18 months into chelation before I knew what methylation was. I was one of the sicker people back in 2011 and 2012.

Do not set time-limits on the project. It takes as long as it takes. Most people will do around 200 rounds in the end. I needed 300 but like I said, I believe that it was because of my methylation status and that I was stirring more mercury than I was removing for the first 100 rounds.