Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Sore muscles! What to do?

Discussion in 'Pain and Inflammation' started by Sasha, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    I seem to have sore muscles - possibly lactic acid - despite not having done very much. I've never really tackled this symptom.

Any remedies?

2. daisybell

daisybell Senior Member

New Zealand
    I take magnesium tablets, and also have a warm bath with Epsom salts if really sore. Some very gentle stretches, and keep the muscles warm...

Sasha likes this.
  3. Hell...Hath...No...Fury..

Hell...Hath...No...Fury.. Senior Member

UK
    A warm bath or epsom salt bath works wonders at the time but i've always found the pain is even worse the next day every time i have a soak.

My best friend is the electric blanket, i couldn't live without it. Head to foot warmth, 24/7 if needed. Can be wrapped around legs while lying down and helps you to nod off to sleep if the pain makes it difficult.

Sasha likes this.
  4. Revel

Revel Senior Member

I massage Magnesium Oil onto damp skin straight after a warm bath (careful if you have any cuts on your hands as it can sting a little!).

Sasha likes this.
  5. Tammy

Tammy Senior Member

New Mexico
    Malic Acid....along with Magnesium (Magnesium Malate) really helps me.

Sasha likes this.
  6. Valentijn

Valentijn Senior Member

If it's accompanied by twitching and in response to using muscles at all, magnesium helps with that for me. But for more general deep aches, high doses of hydroxoB12 (sublingual or intramuscular injection) work well for me.

Sasha likes this.
  7. Apple

Apple Senior Member

UK
    I've found protein shakes helpful. It hasn't helped with the fatigue/weakness/'dead legs' feeling etc. But it's definitely helped reduce my pain levels. I'm not a big meat eater though, so I could've just been somewhat deficient.

I regularly take magnesium citrate too.

In terms of helping it when it's arrived, I also find heat helpful. Microwavable wheat bags are a godsend in the winter.

Sasha likes this.
  8. Sidereal

Sidereal Senior Member

I find electrolyte supplementation and heat (microwaveable gel packs) helpful.

Sasha likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.