• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sore mouth from B12..i know i read it somewhere

I know I read it somewhere but I have read so much I cant remember where I read someone else said they get a sore mouth from places they hold the B12.

What do you all do about that???

It is not too bad yet but Ive only begun 3 weeks ago and I can tell all the places I move the B12 around on my gums, under tongue, cheeks, all getting sore. :(

Adster

It's probably not this, but you could try a bit of b2. It has been suggested that b12 depletes b2, and lack of b2 can cause mouth sensitivity. I think.

arx

Which brand are you taking?
I experienced sore gums and difficulty while eating for a while in the areas where I used to hold the sublingual tablet. It lasted for a month or so when I initially started off. Then it sort of stopped on its own. I also started rinsing my mouth after the sublingual was dissolved. Maybe it is because of the citric acid present in the sublingual. There was a discussion a while back on this, you can check it out.
Here's the link:
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/caution-oral-b12-methylcobalamin-can-erode-tooth-enamel.9851/