• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sore Kidneys and Methylation

Sherlock

Boswellia for lungs and MC stabllizing
Also your point about interactions with meds is certainly important.
Yes, her overall warning is exactly correct.

I'd guess she's talking in her own case about warfarin for Afib. Warfarin is the drug that has the most interactions of all by far - with other drugs, and with food (especially containing vit K1) and supplements. In fact, if a person wants to know if anything is a blood thinner, it's a good strategy to see if it's on the warning list for warfarin users.

It also happens to be the drug that's been in use the longest, >50 years. Meanwhile, the novel anticoagulants have come into use lately - at maybe 50-100x the price.

high doses of vitamin D

kidney stone... this also runs in my family
Your doc should have asked about Fx beforehand, instead of blindly going along with the trendy vit D hype.

Other examples:
Paleos were recommending that everyone should swill gallons of Omega 3s per day, without telling people to be mindful of an Fx of hemorrhagic stroke, etc.

VLCers and others push egg consumption without even knowing about cholesterol hyperabsorbers who could thereby be at great risk.

Ironically, I will now mention the speculation that being low in vit K2 and vit A might predispose a person to calcium stones. :confused: Getting K2 from food (cheeses, e.g.) should probably not change INR.