• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

son 30 who is feeling tired and ill. Dr Lapp nov 30 th

hensue

Did not remember if I had posted that he was going to see Dr Lapp Nov 30. Just to let everyone see so we can follow his progress and see if he thinks he has CFS.
Friday he is having the epidural injection for a slipped disc in the lumbar region. Say a prayer it will help for that pain.

He can tell the difference he is so in tune with his body I am not. When I have pain I think everything is Fibro. My doc had to tell me one time after I broke some ribs everything is NOT fibro.

I can see I have similarities with Cfs like the crash PEM is the worst.

Take care

Susie:D

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Hi Susie, i am so glad you have managed to get him an appointment with someone so quickly. Will anyone be going with him? Please keep us updated on his progress.
Take care, Justy.

hensue

Yes, I am going with him. I read some reviews on md reviews and they werent encouraging. It was more or less Dr Lapp talks to you a lot. I am going to give him some hope and told him he needed to know he was going to feel better and not die.
Every week you could see Dr Lapp or Dr Black did not seem to be a waiting list.
I am going to give it my all.
Thanks for caring
I will keep you posted
Susie

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Hi Susie, its great that you are going with him. Have you thought about writing out a list of questions before hand? also a list of symptoms is a good idea as it can be so hard to remember it all once you are there.
He's lucky to have a mum like you.:thumbsup:

Justy.x

Lots of talking with the doc is a good thing! That usually means they're trying to really understand what's going on and get to the bottom of things as much as possible.

hensue

Yes, he does not live but 2 hours from Charlotte NC. I am going to record everything he says. There is no way you could remember it all. Well I couldn't anyway.
As you can tell from a lot of my post. lol