A New Decade of ME Research: The 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry presents the first in a series of articles on the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Something that's helping with digestive problems

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Kes, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Kes

Kes

Hi guys, it's my first post on here. I thought I'd start with something I've found helpful on the off-chance it might help somebody else a little :).
    I've found flaxseeds really helpful when I'm having problems with bloating / indigestion which has become a problem the last 18 months or so. I don't grind them for this, they don't seem to work for me when ground. It seems to work better than anything else I've tried like hydrochloric acid for example. I find it helps if I take some live yoghurt pretty regularly too. I take 2-3 teaspoons of flaxseeds when my stomach is bothering me or preemptively sometimes and the good thing is the effects seem to last. I may have to have them for a few days if things are bad but then things seem to settle down.

Mary and Luther Blissett like this.
  2. Luther Blissett

Luther Blissett Senior Member

Yorkshire, England
    Hi and welcome @Kes , thanks for your useful information. I've only recently found that fennel tea has the same effect for me, Anise or aniseed is supposed to be similar too.

Kes likes this.
  3. slysaint

slysaint Senior Member

Heard you being interviewed on radio 2 today:) But I'm guessing you are not THE Luther Blissett:D

4. Luther Blissett

Luther Blissett Senior Member

Yorkshire, England
    I might be, or I might be this Luther Blissett,

[​IMG]

Who knows ;) :D

slysaint likes this.
  5. Kes

Kes

Thanks Luther and cheers for the fennel tea/ aniseed tip. Always good to have other options to try...

See more popular forum discussions.