• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Something interesting about this illness

SaveMe

Perhaps its just me, but I haven't gotten sick (cold nor flu) since this illness began, nearly 2 years ago. Coincidence ?

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
Several threads on this one, but it is very common for PWC to stop getting sick for the most part. On the other hand there are some who have a much higher frequency of colds, upper respiratory disease. I don't think there is any doubt that something "changes" due to ME/CFS infection. It could be Th1/Th2 imbalance. Do a search and you should find something and one of them was very recent.

PoetInSF

I haven't gotten sick for almost 3 years since I got sick (with cfs). Then, I got sick twice in the past four months. Now I'm getting cold/flu because: A) I have improved; or B) because I'm socializing and contacting more people because I have improved. Either way, it's a just another one of many peculiarities CFS.

I had flu last month, in spite of being in a "downhill" cycle. It was awful. But both my kids had it, so maybe that really close exposure increases the chances.
Interesting observation, though.