• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Some Success.

Hi I have had some success with the following protocol, that I have been on for 4 months.
I feel quite a bit better and my CFS symptoms are lessened.

• Firstly I gave up all non-organic food and am mostly eat vegeterian apart from fish.
  • I gave up tap water and drink and cook only in bottled spring water. (no chlorine)
  • I take 30,000 mg of vitamin C per day (buffered) 5g x 6 times a day.
  • 800 IU of vitamin E.
  • 500mg of ginko biloba per day.
  • One Liver Flush once every three weeks, up to 20 flushes total. (Andreas Moritz Book).
I feel giving up tap water really helped. And the vitamin C really seems to help with the fatigue. I have got rid of about 60 stones from my liver to date.

Thanks Harris.

peggy-sue

You could save on buying bottled water if you simply let the water stand for a while - the chlorine will disappear.
Which it will, when you boil any water you are cooking in anyway.

I would think you might be getting an energy boost from the ginko biloba, rather than from that much vitaminC.

All the body does with excess vitamin C is pee it out again.

Sorry to appear to be pouring cold water on your theories :redface: - but I think you are going to a lot of expense for things which are not doing the good you think they are.

There's not a lot wrong with the good old water from the Kingdom of Fife - or on the other side of the river Tay - where I am!:thumbsup:

Hi, I am getting better, my fatigue is less and I feel better. I felt like shit on the tap water, and if I eat in-organic veg, I can't stomach it and can taste the chemicals. What I can say I feel better on the this protocol. I can also walk allot further and don't get tired like I used to. I can't fake that.

They are not "theories", as you so rudely put. They are feelings a health and vitality that I feel within myself. They are being able do more, walk further, visit friends, not having to lye down all the time.

Last edited:

peggy-sue

Always glad to hear of somebody feeling better - no matter how they get there!:thumbsup:

I just thought you could save a lot of cash, using tap water and getting shot of the chlorine yourself.;)

I do use a water filtering jug here in Dundee - but only because I live in an ancient house and a short section of the piping, which is inside the walls, is made of lead. A huge section of the building would have to be demolished to get rid of it.

By the time it''s filtered into the jug, most of the chlorine is gone.

Ginko biloba is a stimulant, I have to confess I'm wary of many stimulants because although they can give a bit more energy, i wonder where and how it is coming from and if there will be a price to pay in the long run.. I have 2 mugs of coffee a day - I'm happy enough with that (and I love my coffee).

I prefer organic veg too - they taste better because they are not farmed so intensively.

The only organic stuff that is different to inorganic really, is dairy - the pesticides dissolve in the fat, so I am pretty strict about organic milk and milk products.

Are you pacing at all?

taniaaust1

Hi harris. Ive found large doses of Vit C helpful too (I think due to its antioxidant and fighting viruses action, I get allergies affecting me less when Im taking high dose C too). In my case ginko did nothing for me (it didnt even help my brain).

Take care when you wnat to stop this as if one suddenly stops high dose Vit C, one can get "rebound scurvy" as ones body does adjust some to the amount of vit C one takes, so suddenly stopping it can cause a deficiency and should be gradually cut back over time (when that time comes)..

High dose C can also cause kidney stones.

knackers323

Hi I have had some success with the following protocol, that I have been on for 4 months.
I feel quite a bit better and my CFS symptoms are lessened.

• Firstly I gave up all non-organic food and am mostly eat vegeterian apart from fish.
  • I gave up tap water and drink and cook only in bottled spring water. (no chlorine)
  • 800 IU of vitamin E.
  • 500mg of ginko biloba per day.
  • One Liver Flush once every three weeks, up to 20 flushes total. (Andreas Moritz Book).
I feel giving up tap water really helped. And the vitamin C really seems to help with the fatigue. I have got rid of about 60 stones from my liver to date.

Thanks Harris.

Hi could you tell me how you do the liver flush please.

Do you think they are playing much of a part in your improvement?

Hi I could let you know how to do the liver flush, but you would be better getting the book as it helps with any issues that might come up
(http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Amazing-Liver-Gallbladder-Flush/dp/0976571501/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384944456&sr=8-1&keywords=the amazing liver and gallbladder flush)

Also one point is you can use Malic Acid instead of Apple Juice for the week before. Cheaper.
It does involve allot of visits to the bathroom the next day. So would have to feel able to do that.
Finally, he doesn't mention Vaseline, which can be quite helpful for the frequent visits to the bathroom.
I was adviced to do 18 - 22 flushes every 3 - 5 weeks. I have done 3 and have passed stones each time. Which is quite mental. Yeah I think they are having a positive effect. But alsoI think the vitamin C helps allot to and giving up tap water.

As per kidney stones.I do think too much vit C can cause them :( I think small but frequent doses are best. 5g each time. Max 30g per day ? But yeah I think you have to be a wee bit careful of too much vit C but I think 30g is ok

I don't know about liposomal vit C having side effects ? Would be amamzing if it had no absorbsion problmes

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Great news Harris, but 30g of vit C a day :eek: that's an awful lot. I take it you still haven't reached bowel tolerance with that amount? I do actually feel much better (not cured by any means) with vit C and selenium, but I know I have serious antioxidant issues.

Richvank had something to say about high doses of Vit C - I cant remember what it was - something about it seeming to help, but then setting up other problems (proabaly to do with methylation)

I have a spring in the village near me and always mean to go and get the water from there, its very oure and is tested by the council for safety. Lots f people in the area use it and its never dried up! I must make more effort to do this - perhaps saving up some glass bottles for the purpose - plastic only stores up more issues.

When I first went totally organic about 15 years ago (only very mildly ill at that point) it made a big difference to the amount of colds and infections I got - they reduced dramatically.

Now I cant afford all organic and just have to get by with what I can - although in the summer I grow some of my own veggies when I can (with my husbands help and other volunteers who come to stay with us)

I hope your successes continue!

Justy

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
Oh man organic food is so expensive!! Here organic veggies and fruits are literally 4x as expensive. As soon as I can I will eat organic but it will be more later than soon it seems. I think we buy organic meat mostly, the difference in flavour is astounding. Also, once we bought organic bananas and they tasted like heaven :love:

peggy-sue

Theory is not a rude word, and I was not being rude, I was trying to be helpful. :cry:
But I was feeling unable to go into long explanations.
Money is difficult for those of us unable to work, benefits don't go far, even if you are able to get them.

If you feel chlorine is a problem that bothers you with tap water, there are easy ways to get rid of it without resorting to expensive and heavy-to-carry bottled water for all your water needs.

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
Well peggy-sue, in fact bottled spring water at least here is very very cheap. Especially when you buy big containers.

peggy-sue

You still have to carry it home - and it is excessive for cooking.
The water in Scotland is just about the best water in the world and perfectly safe to drink from the taps.

Sometimes there is an excess of chlorine - it generally indicates that there has been a breakage in a pipe somewhere, which means extra sterilisation is required for a short while, just to ensure cleanliness.

peggy-sue

I'm not worried about the small amount of fluoride that helps my teeth.
I have worked in Water Services in my local area, I'm perfectly happy to drink my tap water.
(after filtering because of the wee bit of lead piping in the house)

mermaid

My understanding is that not everyone in the UK has fluoride in their water. I am sure we don't in Cornwall. I do however also put it through a jug filter.

It is interesting re the Vit C as I was also taking a v high dose last year. Every time I got yet another cold/virus symptom a friend told me to keep taking it to bowel tolerance, which I never seemed to reach. And it had no effect on improving my symptoms.

Earlier this year I had some tests to see what might be causing my problems, and one of them was re Lymphocyte sensitivity and the thing that came out massively top on my list was Sodium Benzoates. It seems they are in a lot of natural things, quite apart from the things we may put on our skins. They were in the things I was using to take the place of the foods I could not eat due to the Paleo diet ie almonds and coconut in particular.

However it seems they are also in Vit C, though it's not certain how much that was affecting me it's true. I decided to cut down on anything with benzoates, and reduced my 3000mg Vit C per day to just 500mg. Certainly my immune system didn't seem any worse for it, and actually it improved until a few weeks ago when the winter weather started up again. Just thought I would mention this connection as I have not seen it anywhere else, and maybe could be a problem without realising it.

Not maybe relevant for you Harris though if you are doing OK on it.

This is the clip on uTube that really got me into Spring Water and Vitamin C.

Then I started to look into it more.Then I tried it and it seemed to help.

Thanks Harris.