1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Lipkin Microbiome Crowdfunding Campaign Launches!
An ambitious $1.27m international, patient-led fundraising campaign storms into action. Sasha invites you to join it!
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Some sad news from Rich Van Konynenburg's wife

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by richvank, Sep 25, 2012.

1. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    I'm very sorry and sad to hear this news. My thoughts are with you at this difficult time.
    Rich was a great man, well respected, and someone who brought us hope, which is huge.
    ggingues likes this.
  2. Sea

Sea Senior Member

NSW Australia
    I am so sorry to hear this news, my sympathy Diana. We will miss him
    ggingues likes this.
  3. beaverfury

beaverfury beaverfury

West Australia
    Unbelievable. I have only been on the forum for a short time but i was amazed at the time and patience Rich would spend on contributing to the forum in answering queries and trying to find solutions for people.

Its a sad loss for your family and for the me/cfs family. I am so very sorry
    ggingues likes this.
  4. Uno

Uno Senior Member

Brighton, United Kingdom
    I can't believe it, I am sitting here in tears. Rich's dedication to patients on here was astounding, he was a great man and I will be continuing his work on Methylation through Neuroimmune Alliance. RIP Rich..you were amazing.
    ggingues, Vance, Valentijn and 2 others like this.
  5. Dainty

Dainty Senior Member

Washington State
    I am so sorry to hear this. He will be greatly missed - his contribution sand his touch have left an indellible mark on this community.
    ggingues and Wayne like this.
  6. jace

jace Off the fence

England
    I am so sorry for your tragic loss, and can't imagine how you must be feeling now. Rich was such a huge help to so many, the whole community will mourn the loss of such a kind and knowledgeable member of our community
    ggingues likes this.
  7. thegodofpleasure

thegodofpleasure Player in a Greek Tragedy

Matlock, Derbyshire, Uk
    I am extremely saddened to hear this news.
    Rich was one of the good guys and he gave hope and encouragement to many, otherwise desperate, people.
    There is no finer quality in a person and he will therefore be greatly missed
    ggingues likes this.
  8. Marlène

Marlène Senior Member

Edegem, Belgium
    Dear Diana, this news is very sad to read indeed. Rich gave light in the darkness, hope. He will be terribly missed. He was unique.
    ggingues likes this.
  9. Spring

Spring Senior Member

Netherlands
    Diana, I'm very sorry for the loss of your husband. He is obviously a great loss to this community too. He will be missed a lot. My thoughts are with you.
    ggingues likes this.
  10. justy

justy Senior Member

U.K
    Oh Diana, i am so very sorry to hear of your loss and very thankful at your generosity of spirit in letting the M.E/CFS community know.
    Rich was an amazing man with a keen mind and large heart, he will be so terribly missed.

Justine x
    ggingues likes this.
  11. lilpink

lilpink

I very sorry for your loss Diana. He will be missed. x
    ggingues likes this.
  12. RosieBee

RosieBee

UK
    This is devastating news. I am so sorry Diana for your tragic loss. Rich was such a warm, generous and well-respected man. He will be very much missed not only for his dedicated intellectual contribution but also for his kindness and understanding. My thoughts go out to you and your family.
    ggingues and arx like this.
  13. arx

arx Senior Member

I'm shocked to hear this extremely sad news. Very sorry for your loss,Diana.
    I am thankful to him for his immense contribution here. He will be missed by thousands here.

RIP Rich.
    ggingues likes this.
  14. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    Diana I am so very sorry to hear of your loss, I can't imagine how hard it was for you to write to us.
    Rich was simply one of life's great men.
    Sincere condolences to you and your family at this sad time.
    ggingues likes this.
  15. sphynx on roundabouts

sphynx on roundabouts

Diana, thank you for even thinking of us. Rich made our lives better. I am very sorry for your loss.
    ggingues likes this.
  16. LizaWP

LizaWP

Knoxville, TN
    So sorry Diana. I have no words. Just thank you for sharing him with us. He will be greatly missed.

Sincerely,
    LIza
    ggingues likes this.
  17. Legolas

Legolas

Belgium
    I can't believe this news. Rich will be terribly missed here because of who he was and everything he did for us.
    I'm so sorry for your loss. He will never be forgotten.
    R.I.P. Rich
    ggingues likes this.
  18. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

i am so, so sorry. he was such a selfless man. he was helping a previously bedbound friend of mine and giving him hope. rich was a rare human being and we were so lucky to have him for as long as we did. love you rich, wherever you are.
    ggingues likes this.
  19. vli

vli

CA
    I am sitting here stunned and heartbroken. Rich gave us all so much especially those of us who ever did methylation--although he also helped me understand many other non-methylation issues through his sheer generosity in posting in this forum. He was instrumental in getting Dr Myhill to look at methylation in the first place as there was not a single doctor in the UK who looked at methylation five years ago--I know this because I spoke to Dr Myhill herself in 2007.

I remember Rich once or twice mentioning he was a Christian and being the only Christian PWC I know in my immediate circle his hope and persistence at hacking away at our disease somehow gave me encouragement at various points of my life over the past five years that I have written to him and read his replies and posts. The cfs community has lost a great man and an incredible mind. He will be sorely missed.

Vli
    ggingues and RosieBee like this.
  20. Merry

Merry Senior Member

Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Diana, I'm so sorry for your loss. Rich was such a caring, giving soul with great intellectual curiosity. He helped so many people, including me. Yes, my health is better because of Rich. Thank you, Diana, for sharing him with us.
    ggingues, leela, Nielk and 1 other person like this.

See more popular forum discussions.