• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Some links to interesting articles on recent NHS news (Francis report etc)

Esther12

Lots of stuff going on, and lots more attention being drawn to the sorts of problems with the NHS that I expect we have all been aware of for some time. It seems that much of the establishment is keen to 'learn lessons' without holding anyone to account, but some in the media, public, and lower down medical staff are fighting for accountability. The problems facing NHS whistle-blowers is a story which has been building for some time, but may finally be getting some traction with the public.

I thought I'd post some articles here in case others are interested but have missed them so far.

How the NHS locks away its secrets

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-21458578

Francis report: creating patient power is the only way forward

http://www.guardian.co.uk/healthcare-network/2013/feb/19/francis-report-patient-power

GP leaders back Sir David Nicholson

http://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/gp-leaders-back-sir-david-nicholson/20001910.article#.USOOGfKPN8E

(with comments underneath seeming to indicate that GPs/those lower down the ladder are keener on increased accountability than those at the top - generally it seems to me that British medical 'leaders' are worse than those they are leading).

SilverbladeTE

As I have said several times on these forums the entire British system is rotten to the core, it is a filthy, evil festering pile of nepotistic, arrogant incompetant, cowardly TRAITORS
they'd sell their granny for a shilling to the knackers yard if they could

Bedroom Tax...ME/CFS cover up....so many many other things....absolutely FURIOUS about it all
my mum crippled for life not just because of injury, but cause of the damned X-Ray dye they KNEW was causing scarring of the spinal cord...they covered it up, to protect their reputations, to keep control, to keep their nice fat contracts with the the chemical company which the "nobs" would on leaving office, go to work for
well it's not work, it's putting your name on a letterhead, showing face once in a while at their "annual general meetings", all as their bribery reward and so execs they get moolah this way from MANY such acts. bastards.

oh yes and lets not forget that covering up mass murder is perfeclty ok with them too....Dr Bodkin Adams and Shipman only got caught because of their bad luck and members of the Public kicking up stink
so how many other mass murdering monsters did the professional classes cover up to keep their "good name", to keep control of us peons, how many evil crimes eh?
Very damn odd how child abuse at the hands of MPs just DISAPPEARED off the radar...Jimmy Saville ah huh...

Valentijn

Hopefully that mess at the Stafford hospital does trigger some real change ... the media is supporting that change, so that's a good start.