• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Some help with my 23andMe SNP results?

For Detox, all were no call except for GSTT1 - Present

For Methylation:

snp.png
I have no idea what the reds/yellows actually mean or how to treat. I've done some googling around, but I'm not science-minded. Would anyone be able to assist? I appreciate any help I can get.

For example: VDR Taq TT = +/+ (red, complete defect) tolerates more methyl donors
Partial or complete defects may mean you will not readily absorb Vit D from sun exposure.
http://resqua.com/702188759/what-is-the-significance-of-a-vdr-taq-gene
Except that data isn't much good. VDR Taq/Bsm have very little impact, and the bit about methyl donors is completely speculative.

Plus VDR Taq is listed backward, 'cause Yasko is a quack who is incapable of accurately understanding and/or describing research for some reason. +/+ is the slightly better version.

I have no idea what the reds/yellows actually mean or how to treat. I've done some googling around, but I'm not science-minded. Would anyone be able to assist? I appreciate any help I can get.
There's nothing that there indicates any need for treatment. MTHFR C677T +/- means that folate production is at 65% of optimum, but those are very common mutations so that's quite normal. At most it might be a good idea to eat your vegetables or supplement a normal amount of folate (such as in a typical multivitamin), especially during pregnancy.