Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Some help with my 23andMe SNP results?

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by MyOwnOpus, Nov 27, 2015.

1. MyOwnOpus

MyOwnOpus

Boston, MA
    For Detox, all were no call except for GSTT1 - Present

For Methylation:

snp.png
    I have no idea what the reds/yellows actually mean or how to treat. I've done some googling around, but I'm not science-minded. Would anyone be able to assist? I appreciate any help I can get.

2. Gijs

Gijs Senior Member

3. Valentijn

Valentijn Senior Member

Except that data isn't much good. VDR Taq/Bsm have very little impact, and the bit about methyl donors is completely speculative.

Plus VDR Taq is listed backward, 'cause Yasko is a quack who is incapable of accurately understanding and/or describing research for some reason. +/+ is the slightly better version.

4. Valentijn

Valentijn Senior Member

There's nothing that there indicates any need for treatment. MTHFR C677T +/- means that folate production is at 65% of optimum, but those are very common mutations so that's quite normal. At most it might be a good idea to eat your vegetables or supplement a normal amount of folate (such as in a typical multivitamin), especially during pregnancy.

See more popular forum discussions.