• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Some GOOD fundraising news to share- $500,000 donation to End ME/CFS!!!

Gingergrrl

Linda Tannenbaum is a force of nature, and her importance in the fundraising for OMF can't be overstated. If anyone wanted to send along their thanks I'm sure it would be appreciated. Maybe some sort of group thing would save her inbox from being overloaded?

Agreed and if anyone is able to put together a group card to thank Linda and thank our anonymous donor, I can definitely get it to her by email or snail mail.

I am not able to organize the card right now but I think it is an excellent idea (no matter how it is done!) and she is a true force of nature and also a very kind person who would never boast about all she us doing for this cause.

I had the pleasure to meet her at a fundraising event last Oct and help write a few projects to assist her back then for her newsletter so I got onto the email update list. She has done so many amazing things that are confidential b/c they are works in progress but this one said it was okay to share so I did.

I think the Severely Ill Big Data Patient Study will provide amazing insight into this illness and I am so pleased both that donors are contributing and that the most severely ill will be studied from their beds as this is the exact data that we currently lack. Any time I think of giving up, I think of Whitney Dafoe and this study and that there are people like Ron Davis and Linda fighting for us and it keeps me going.