• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Some advice or insight appreciated.

Valentijn

Yes, I don't eat sugar and was taking 100 billion cfu's a day. Sadly even with all of that yeast overgrowth is extremely common with antibiotics.
Yeah, I think I was pretty lucky with my first round - really 0 side effects, just a textbook Herxheimer reaction during weeks 2-4. I wonder if having IV antibiotics instead of oral makes a difference somehow?

Martial

Yeah, I think I was pretty lucky with my first round - really 0 side effects, just a textbook Herxheimer reaction during weeks 2-4. I wonder if having IV antibiotics instead of oral makes a difference somehow?

I don't know I wasn't on them but I am kind of worried of triggering C Diff now so hmm.. Antibiotics can really be a double edged sword for some. That being said the issues like C Diff and other antibiotic side effects pale in comparison to the issues of untreated lyme disease.

Xylitol, oregano oil, coconut oil, nystatin, and SF722 (Just a castor oil extract) are all things that may help with fungus. Of course you probably knew that :) Good luck with your treatment. Progress is coming!

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
I don't know I wasn't on them but I am kind of worried of triggering C Diff now so hmm.. Antibiotics can really be a double edged sword for some. That being said the issues like C Diff and other antibiotic side effects pale in comparison to the issues of untreated lyme disease.

yes, I agree: it's important to treat the Lyme. Just to know what to watch for with C Diff is good.

all the best.

@Martial, I have taken no meds during 16 years for what I and docs considered to be M.E. That was before the late stage Lyme diagnostic. Considering the risks involved by untreated Lyme (especially the neuro-psy symptoms that were relatively new and developped), I decided that it was the time for me to use all the guns I could. I am just at the beginning of the route (3 months of ABX along with herbals), but I don't regret.

I am looking a lot on French Lyme sites (that's easier for the language for me, but also interesting because there is there a long herbal and essential oils tradition) and see how people are reacting to treatments.
What I see, is that with herbals, there is no consensus at al about the efficiency, and you have to rotate the different protocoles before seeing that there is one that may be beneficial. Some folks have been helped with GSE, colloidal silver (watch the concentration to avoid metal deposits), and teasel root tincture... Some have had no success with Cowden or Buhner... etc.
But the vast majority took along the herbal route ABX as well.

I think too it is worth for you to considere ABX treatment, and also to add some natural support for detox because of the die-off that will occur for sure. Good luck!

Sorry to hear about your Lyme which has gone chronic thru no fault of your own.

I'm also looking into **timely** natural remedies. Just saw a YouTube video, where a very credible-looking woman says she was cured by 4 drops of Teasel Root tincture a day, in just 7 weeks, from 8 Lyme infections. ILADS says that a tick byte carries 3 to 4 pathogens per bite, average; in some cases, 7 pathogens/bite.

Can you please advise if your Lyme/co-infections were cured with Teasel Root tincture?

Thanks in advance.

A Yahoo Search for: ( teasel root tincture reviews lyme ) shows positive reviews already.

Last edited:
Thanks for this forum, and all your posts. I have DIY self-cured my Lyme/co-infections symptoms, and hopefully, will not be back here.

It took 53 days. To me, the worst symptoms was having 40% of my normal energy at times, the brain fog that caused me to fail at normal work, the "disassociation" or, out-of-body experience, and anxiety. Once, I thought I was going to die.

For those interested in DIY cures, there is a very useful website wherein a woman with Lyme herself made a patient survey, then posted the results in pie-chart form on the 'net. For Lyme (Borellia), iirc her charts show that 40% of "cured" Lymies did *not* even bother with conventional Western medicine, and are now Lyme symptom-free! Her charts also include treatment-time, which doctor/protocol/herbs, etc.

Time to thank you all.

The Law of Appreciation requires me to also thank: Will Wiegmann PhD, Johns Hopkins website, Dr. Ting Zhang's lab studies, Dr. Eva Sapi's 2014 Lyme lecture on Youtube, the New York Post article on model Yolanda Hadid, ILADS information, Dr. Burrascano.

I will also warn you all that many forums, and ILADS, censored (deleted) my posts that are "alternative" and or Do It Yourself.

I cured myself in 53 days largely without help from pharma and doctors. What's significant is that my friend who was bitten and infected around the same time chose the conventional Western medicine route, and sadly, as of early January, still with very severe symptoms as to be mostly bedridden.

God bless, and good luck!