Hey Guys, I just came back from my LLMD appointment today with a decision that leaves me at kind of a cross roads. I have been using an herbal route to treat my Lyme this whole time but have not noted much progress, just got more sick and fatigued as a result. However some symptoms have gone and are over all better as well. In my opinion I feel my worsening fatigue and crappy feelings to herxing, I had been doing a full body approach looking over every possible stone for co infections, other combined dysfunctions like MTHFR, Pyoluria, Etc. I have had a lot of success in finding everything my body needs and even my testorone levels and CD57 levels started to go up again semi recently. The thing is though my infection has been there for a pretty long time and the bacterial load is EXTREMELY high. Even with herbs I do not feel as of right now it is enough to bring this load down enough. I am very, very conservative on the use of antibiotics. I never had an interest in using them however I don't want to damage my body any further with the infection itself either. I have issues that showed up with an MRI of my brain already. I was using a protocol by Nutrimedix, and Dr. Buhner among other things to really give myself fully back together so far, however it seems that even Dr. Buhner recommends a course of antibiotics with herbs for the very severe infections, same applies to Dr. Cowden. My doctor finally gave me a prescription of Ceftin a real Pharm grade abx today, along with wanting to put me on I.V. Antibiotics for a year in total so far as planned. I do not know if they will be mixed or I will switch from the ceftin oral to an I.V. antibiotic after. My concern about all of this is the risk reward about it. I feel in my case a duration of antibiotics is probably needed to really get this infection under some sort of adequate control. I will also be avoiding the major issue causing antibiotics like the quinoline based ones. Opting only for Ceftin or Doxy for both Oral and I.V. use. Though there are risks with them they same the over all safest compared to my other options. I could manage the common symptoms to watch out for like PCC infection, Digestion issues, allergic reaction, paying attention for candida, etc.. However, I really don't know if there is any damage or long term effects these antibiotics can do themselves. Normally I am usually gung ho about natural above all means since its much less problematic and toxic, but in this case with an infection serious enough I cannot disregard the use of pharmaceuticals that can easily assist in really bringing this bacterial load down for sure. I will be using probiotics to replace the flora killed off as well. I guess I am just curious if there could be potentially anything else I should take into consideration before I do this. I just really have my qualms at an infection this far imbedded in my system that natural herbs and system support are going to do it alone, I believe I probably need both types of support to work synergetically with each other. As opposed to just taking an antiobiotic alone and expecting a cure I am using cyst busters, bio film breakers, and a full body/lifestyle approach and doing everything I can. I know others here have a strong distaste for pharm antibiotics as I do too, but I also know in some cases it is absolutely needed. Since I do not have any real world views about defending or taking a stance on a personal belief I can easily see things from the whole picture, without my personal experiences or personality coming between it. I know there are very high educated and well informed people on this site, everyone here is very smart and intuitive in a lot of different aspects, so much so it is mind boggling. I just want to get some input from you all and ask what are you thoughts on this?