1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

SolveCFS Biobank, Who is supporting this on this forum?

Discussion in 'Active Clinical Studies' started by ggingues, Jun 12, 2010.

?

Are you going to participate?

1. Yes

85.0%
  2. No

15.0%
  1. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    I sent in my paperwork yesterday, anyone know how long it takes to get the paperwork etc?

I have 2 Dr appt early next week!
  2. jspotila

jspotila Senior Member

Once the office receives your consent form, they'll send you the clinical questionnaire. We have two staffers working on the BioBank now, so hopefully it will be a quick turnaround for you.
  3. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
  4. jspotila

jspotila Senior Member

The questionnaire is designed to help people assess whether or not they have CFS. If a person has already been diagnosed, then just email the BioBank to get started!

biobank AT solvecfs DOT org
  5. CateK

CateK

upstate New York
    I would like to, but I just don't have the energy to wade through the web pages and decipher the exclusion conditions and how they apply to me. I do wish the web pages were set up for brain-fogged folks :ashamed:
  6. jspotila

jspotila Senior Member

CateK, I am sorry that you are having trouble with the web pages. Rather than struggle with the brain fog, you might want to consider emailing the BioBank at biobank@cfids.org. They can answer any questions that you have.
  7. CateK

CateK

upstate New York
    Thanks for responding! I'll do that.
  8. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    Now I see your point, my bad. If someone else wants to do this they can, I don't think I will. FYI
  9. jimbob

jimbob ME/CFS84-XMRV+

myrtle beach, s.c.
    I'm in the biobank, but they're not using me!
  10. jspotila

jspotila Senior Member

Are you referring to the BioBank collecting your clinical information but not blood samples? If so, I can explain a little bit. Processing and storing one person's blood samples costs $400 or more, depending on what kind of processing is being done. The Association wants to expand the BioBank as quickly as possible, but paying the $400 tab per person would significantly limit the expansion. Instead, the BioBank is collecting the clinical information for inclusion in the database. When a researcher needs a cohort, the database can be searched (for example, women over 40 with illness for more than 10 years - purely hypothetical) and the precise cohort assembled. At that point, blood samples (or cheek swabs) would be collected for that study.

See more popular forum discussions.