• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Solve ME/CFS Initiative: 2017 Ramsay Award RFAs

AndyPR

This Ramsay Award is a research grants competition in Basic, Preclinical, Clinical or Epidemiology Research open to investigators at any career stage. The program is conducted through a rigorous, peer review mechanism.

zaher-225x300.png

“The Ramsay Award Program is one part of our organization’s overall research strategy to encourage participatory investigations, accelerate new discoveries, and reduce barriers for entry into the challenging yet rewarding field of ME/CFS,” Dr. Zaher Nahle, SMCI’s Chief Scientific Officer and VP of Research.

The Ramsay Awards are named after ME/CFS pioneer Dr. A. Melvin Ramsay, the recognized authority from 1955 until his death in 1990, whose sound descriptions of the disease have stood the test of time. We embrace his determination and spirit to find the answers to this disease.

The Ramsay Awards aim to:

INVEST in original ideas that will clarify the nature, progression and root causes of the disease.

CREATE environments permissive for developing future talent and retaining ME/CFS researchers.

FACILITATE collaboration and cross-pollination worldwide through our organization’s network.
http://solvecfs.org/2017-ramsay-award-rfas/