• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Solve ME/CFS Bioenergetics Research Update

Collaborators from Metabolon visited the offices of Solve ME/CFS Initiative (SMCI) in Los Angeles to meet with Chief Scientific Officer and Vice President for Research Dr. Zaher Nahle. Together, they discussed the data generated through one of our SMCI-Directed Research Studies (on our bioenergetics and biomarkers discovery research track) that seeks to address the knowledge gap in the field of ME/CFS by identifying functional culprits in the pathophysiology of the disease using advanced technologies. Also collaborating on this study are Drs. Maureen Hanson (Cornell University) and Sue Levine (The Levine Clinic in Manhattan).

These results, while preliminary, provide considerable insight into the biology of ME/CFS. The process now entails analyzing the data and performing rigorous statistical analysis and evaluation to ensure accurate and proper interpretation. It is expected that the outcome of these findings will be shared with the community to stimulate further studies.

This could potentially yield the discovery of a verifiable molecular signature, mechanistic insight for compounds as well as disease states, identification of new biomarkers that could help with rapid diagnosis and the betterment of evaluation criteria, discovery of new pathways involved in the disease, validation of existing hypotheses and results, classification of patients based on molecular alterations, and development of precision medicine profiles.

Mohawk1995

Yes link please.

that seeks to address the knowledge gap in the field of ME/CFS by identifying functional culprits in the pathophysiology of the disease using advanced technologies.

To be clear, it sounds like they are looking at how the disease manifests itself in the body. This is an important clarification compared to finding "the cause" of the disease. I am glad they are making that clarification. That is one hallmark of sound research. That makes it promising to me.