Phoenix Rising supports the Millions Missing global day of protest
Phoenix Rising is delighted to support the demands being made in the ME/CFS community’s first-ever global day of protest …
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Solmedx: New Scientific Discovery Shows New Mechanism How the Body Stores Reserve Oxygen Bundles

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by junkcrap50, Sep 30, 2016.

1. junkcrap50

junkcrap50 Senior Member

I found this extremely interesting discovery and invention, in which I thought people would be very interested for CFS. The best explanation will be found in these two links:
    In short, Sam Sofer, PhD discovered a previously unknown mechanism for delivery and storage of oxygen "bundles," invented a method for measuring such oxygen reservoirs, and produced supplements to restore low oxygen reservoirs to normal levels. I thought this technology might be very useful for CFS patients since Dr. Sofer hypothesizes low reservoirs of these oxygen bundles can lead to inadequate oxygen supply to mitochondria, proliferation of reactive oxygen species and inflammation, and weakened innate immune defense. He is currently using his technology in studies.

I don't have the nerve or mental energy, but it would be great to email Dr. Sofer and tell him about how this discovery could be applicable to several aspects of CFS: immune function, mitochondrial function, detox, etc. I'm particularly interested in whatever supplement for this he has.

Hope others found this to be as interesting as I did!

2. junkcrap50

junkcrap50 Senior Member

See more popular forum discussions.