The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Soce inhibitors

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by sillysocks84, Sep 30, 2015.

1. sillysocks84

sillysocks84 Senior Member

By inhibiting the calcium pathway with soce inhibitors asthma and allergies will be better controlled. They also found that mitochondrial energy will be preserved. I also have heard soce can inhibit mast cells. I'll post a link to an article after the jump.

2. sillysocks84

3. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    Apparently NSAIDS inhibit SOCE...

4. sillysocks84

And most of us don't do well with nsaids. Interesting. Now I'm confused.

5. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    I do really well with Advil. It's very helpful for me.

sillysocks84 likes this.
  6. valentinelynx

valentinelynx Senior Member

Tucson
    I did really well on Advil, too... until I discovered it was destroying my small intestine. Had anemia, figured it was from gastritis from NSAIDs. Made sure to take proton pump inhibitors with ibuprofen; anemia persisted. Upper and lower scopes showed nothing. Pill Cam study showed multiple ulcers and scars. Turns out that PPIs makes NSAID enteropathy worse! Now my small intestine is still full of ulcers, bleeds and loses protein, despite my being off NSAIDs for many months. I miss my NSAIDS: only thing that really helped joint pain, but they were killing my gut. My iron levels were astonishingly low. So, please be careful. NSAID enteropathy is apparently very widespread, but little known because it can't be seen on endoscopy, only on expensive PillCam or equivalent small intestine study.

See more popular forum discussions.