• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

So the Cheney clinic is completely shut down now?

keenly

Cheney has retired, why has he not had somebody else run clinic? The website is gone.

If it is about patients, surely he trained somebody else to take over?

I really want to see him and have his tests done, plus I am interested in bison extracts for supporting organs.

keenly

I think that he retired back in 2015 due to health issues.

Yes indeed, but the research site goes on. The Cheney Institution site was updated in January this year.
http://cheneyinstitute.com/2017/01/supplydemand-paradigm-used-cfs/

The Cheney Institute is the next evolution of The Cheney Clinic, PA which was retired in December, 2015 after 25 years of highly successful operation so that Dr. Cheney could pursue various research interests, book writing, phone and on-line consults and more limited face-to-face patient care

BTW; this was the latest treatment

'When you take the principle of supply/demand matching and apply it to CFS, a whole new world of looking at CFS treatment strategies emerges. Many of the best treatments we have used over the decades and the ones that have best stood the test of time either reduce demand or increase supply. Typically, the best immediate treatments for CFS reduces demand and include such treatments as Klonopin, Doxepin, Trazadone, LDN and transdermal CBD CSF oil as well as staying within boundaries with long periods of rest. There are other treatments that improve supply in an indirect as opposed to a direct manner. These include redox buffer support measures such as Magnesium, hydroxyB-12, Inosine, Aronia Berry Concentrate, California Heritage olive oil, catabolic paste CSF, anabolic paste CSF and MTF paste CSF. By improving the redox buffer, mitochondria will automatically up-regulate and that will improve blood supply immediately. Direct stimulation of supply via stimulants or exercise or stress or SSRI’s or T3 hormone are dangerous in the setting of an impaired redox buffer state like CFS as it challenges the redox buffer further and will backfire over time as it may cause a supply/demand mismatch and eventual collapse of function to compensate if you are lucky and a fatal disease if you do not collapse function.'

1. Catabolic derived from Porcine Heart — Daytime energy
  2. Anabolic derived from Porcine Liver — Nighttime sleep, detoxification and anti-viral effects
  3. MTF derived from Porcine Placenta (rich in stem cells) – Nighttime healing and redox support – our most potent CSF
  4. Brain derived from Porcine Brain – Seizures and CNS anti-inflammation
  5. CBD oil derived from Hemp – anti-inflammation and seizures – often added with Brain to the skin
So it looks like Cheney will still do phone consultations whilst researching.

perrier

Dr Cheney went to Panama with a group of patients to have them do cord blood stem cell infusions. Some reported excellent results others said no results. Does anyone have any information about these patients? Have others gone to do these treatments? This treatment I heard is now available in USA. Any info....?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Dr Cheney went to Panama with a group of patients to have them do cord blood stem cell infusions. Some reported excellent results others said no results. Does anyone have any information about these patients? Have others gone to do these treatments?
As far as I know, those who had improvements all relapsed after some time.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I guess the underlying problem just resurfaced
But I also heard that some felt remarkably well
I think it is a yes to both. One of my friends had the treatment several times. She felt very well....for a while.

perrier

I think it is a yes to both. One of my friends had the treatment several times. She felt very well....for a while.
This must mean something scientifically. Have the CFS doctors explained why people felt well.