• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

So damn confused

Ok about 7 years ago my life changed. I starting having gastro(stomach problems), I developed severe anxiety, fatigue,brain fog and just did not feel like myself at all. I had just about evey test possible and everything has always come back fine. But then my HHV IGg came back 1:1280. The hematologist actually said that was extremely high but there was nothing that could be done.

I got one doctor to give me Valcyte but after reading about the potential some effects decided not to take it. I now have fan ire and am deciding whether or not to take it. I'm sure having titers this high has to be doing something to my body. My biggest problem impacting my life is anxiety, cognition and gastro problems. Could these titers could this? Thanks

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I wouldn't hesitate to take the meds. Right now I have a reaction to all antivirals so I can't take any but I wouldn't hesitate, especially Famvir (is that what you meant?)

You have to weigh how bad you feel, with how they can help you.

xchocoholic

A lot of people get relief from your top 3 symptoms by eliminating their food intolerances. Common intolerances are gluten dairy corn soy and chemicals but you can have others or multiple.

Digestive enzymes may help too. Or probiotics.

Imho the paleo diet, cordain or wahls version is the best option for eliminating the most common triggers. I'd make the change at a slow but steady pace. No need to stress out about it. :)

Hth. X

xchocoholic

My anxiety is affecting my life.....no need to stress about it????lol

Hi there. If this was in response to my comment, I just wanted to be clear that I was referring to making a diet change not your anxiety. Diet changes can be overwhelming. Been there. Done that.

Theanine is good for anxiety. Hope you get this worked out. Tc .. x