1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

SNPs and CFS (Goertzel, et al paper)

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by SickOfSickness, Apr 23, 2013.

  1. SickOfSickness

    SickOfSickness Senior Member

    Messages:
    1,791
    Likes:
    892
    US
    They found 28 SNPs that are related to CFS. There is a chart with all the SNPs and percentages for healthy people and CFS people. I bet almost all of us here will match a lot of their data.

    http://www.wicfs-me.org/Pdf Files/Goertzel.pdf

    This has a 2006 date on the bottom, could it really be that old? They should have much more progress today if they had found this in 2006.
    ukxmrv likes this.
  2. Lotus97

    Lotus97 Senior Member

    Messages:
    2,012
    Likes:
    405
    United States
    I've noticed several people here comment that they have a B12 deficiency, but not CFS. I'm curious how their SNPs match up with the data. Something else I'm wondering, there are so many different causes for CFS. Maybe even the people who say they have a B12, but not CFS could be classified as having CFS. So if someone has a different underlying illness, are they still going to match up with the others?
  3. SickOfSickness

    SickOfSickness Senior Member

    Messages:
    1,791
    Likes:
    892
    US
    Yeah, because of what you said, it seems like they will get lower sensitivity in any test. So in this paper they had 76% and I think that's really good. The other 24% may have had something else that causes fatigue and similar problems, but they got misdiagnosed and put in our group.

See more popular forum discussions.

Share This Page