1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

SNP Results - Any help greatly appreciated!

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by LucyS, Sep 6, 2013.

1. LucyS

LucyS

Australia
    Hello wise and learned folks,
    I have my 23 andMe results in and as I am Down Under there are not many here who know much about this! Any information or advice from these results would be sooooo greatly appreciated! I have a very long history of very severe CFS - Thanks

DETOX
    CYP 1A2 C164A - CC +\+
    CYP 1B1 L432V - CG +\-
    CYP 1B1 R48G - CG +\-

SOD2 - AC +\-
    SOD2 - CT +\-
    SOD2 A16V AG +\-

METHYLATION
    HOMOZYGOUS
    VDR Taq
    CBS C699T
    COMT rs6269

HETEROZYGOUS
    MAO A R297R
    ACAT1-02
    MTHFR 677
    MTRR A66G
    MTRR A664A
    GAD1 10 out of 12 +\-

Thank you all so much -
  2. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    I've crossed out the ones where there's no research showing that they cause any problems.

Heterozygous MTHFR C677T indicates that your methylfolate production might be at 65% of normal, hence methylfolate supplementation is a good idea.

MTRR A66G works less efficiently at recycling MTR. B12 may help.

I'm not sure which version of COMT rs6269 is considered +/+ in your results. The A version is slower, and that and the MOAO would indicate less tolerance of methyl groups. Hence hydroxoB12 might be better tolerated than methylB12, especially if you try higher doses.

SUMMARY:
    Methylfolate supplementation is probably needed, and hydroxoB12 may help as well.

See more popular forum discussions.