New Atmosphere, New Vision: Gibson and Whittemore Kick Off Invest in ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry reports on Dr. Gibson's introduction and Dr. Whittemore's keynote speech, at the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

"Sneak peak" of Canary in a Coalmine in NY, 9 March

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Sasha, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Not being released until 2017 but some lucky New Yorkers get an early peep!

https://www.facebook.com/canaryfilm/posts/649451705192566

Never Give Up likes this.
  2. *GG*

*GG* Senior Member

Concord, NH
    This was recently shown at a Boston support group meeting. And was shown last fall at a MA CFIDS meeting. Don't think it was a finished product then though.

GG

Sasha likes this.
  3. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    I doubt it's remotely finished but still enough for them to have done a bit of a preview.

4. *GG*

*GG* Senior Member

Concord, NH
    Pretty sure it is finished, but not positive.

GG

Sasha likes this.
  5. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Still a year away from release, though...

6. *GG*

*GG* Senior Member

Concord, NH
    Massachusetts CFIDS/ME & FM Association News
    Hello everyone,

You are invited to join us for a screening of the film "Forgotten Plague" which will be shown at our next Brighton ME/CFS/FM Support Group meeting, Tuesday Jan 12, 2016, at 6 p.m. Location is St. Margaret's Center building, Room 5, at St. Elizabeth's Hospital, 736 Cambridge Street, Brighton, MA 02135, 617-789-3000. Get directions at http://www.semc.org/St-Elizabeths/Patient-and-Visitor-Information/Directions.

"Forgotten Plague" tells "the great under-reported medical story of our times." The film is an 80-minute journey into the hidden world of myalgic encephalomyelitis (chronic fatigue syndrome). It is a chilling tale of our medical system’s failures in addressing many chronic, complex diseases. Yet it is also a riveting story of science’s remarkable ability to transform medicine and improve human life itself.

This is a gripping, yet easy-to-understand story about ME/CFS, and appropriate for all audiences. We can have a short discussion after the screening. Bring a family member or friend! You will not be disappointed.

Please RSVP to info@masscfids.org if you are planning to come so we can be sure to have enough chairs in the room.

See you next week,

Charmian

This announcement doesn't seem to indicate that the product is not finished.

GG

7. viggster

viggster Senior Member

Folks are mixing up two movies. "Forgotten Plague" was made by Ryan Prior and is now finished. "Canary in a Coal Mine" is the film Jen Brea crowdfunded and is still working on.

Valentijn likes this.
  8. *GG*

*GG* Senior Member

Concord, NH
    that was me, my bad, dooh :)

GG

9. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    @Sasha or anyone with info- will they do other early screenings in other cities or only in New York?

10. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    I'm afraid I don't have any other info - but Canary can be contacted directly. I suspect they're taking opportunities as they come up.

Gingergrrl likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.