• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"Sneak peak" of Canary in a Coalmine in NY, 9 March

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Canary on FB said:
In New York? Come see a sneak peak of Canary, a documentary film about Myalgic Encephalomyelitis and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. (Still very much a work in progress!)

Join us March 9th at BRIC FLIX in Brooklyn. I'll be speaking and showing an excerpt of the film. Tickets are free and first come, first serve so RSVP now.

More details below.

+ + + + +

In celebration of Women’s History Month, we will show excerpts of films made by and about women and talk about the impact of women behind the lens. Selected pieces include Born to Fly about Elizabeth Streb and the STREB Extreme Action Company; Speed Sisters, the first all-woman race car driving team in the Middle East and Canary in a Coal Mine, a woman’s story about suffering with a debilitating disease.

BRIC FLIX will partner with Chicken & Egg Pictures to support women non-fiction filmmakers whose artful and innovative storytelling catalyzes social change.

http://bricartsmedia.org/…/…/bric-flix-women-behind-the-lens

Not being released until 2017 but some lucky New Yorkers get an early peep!

https://www.facebook.com/canaryfilm/posts/649451705192566

*GG*

This was recently shown at a Boston support group meeting. And was shown last fall at a MA CFIDS meeting. Don't think it was a finished product then though.

GG

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I doubt it's remotely finished but still enough for them to have done a bit of a preview.

*GG*

Massachusetts CFIDS/ME & FM Association News
Hello everyone,

You are invited to join us for a screening of the film "Forgotten Plague" which will be shown at our next Brighton ME/CFS/FM Support Group meeting, Tuesday Jan 12, 2016, at 6 p.m. Location is St. Margaret's Center building, Room 5, at St. Elizabeth's Hospital, 736 Cambridge Street, Brighton, MA 02135, 617-789-3000. Get directions at http://www.semc.org/St-Elizabeths/Patient-and-Visitor-Information/Directions.

"Forgotten Plague" tells "the great under-reported medical story of our times." The film is an 80-minute journey into the hidden world of myalgic encephalomyelitis (chronic fatigue syndrome). It is a chilling tale of our medical system’s failures in addressing many chronic, complex diseases. Yet it is also a riveting story of science’s remarkable ability to transform medicine and improve human life itself.

This is a gripping, yet easy-to-understand story about ME/CFS, and appropriate for all audiences. We can have a short discussion after the screening. Bring a family member or friend! You will not be disappointed.

Please RSVP to info@masscfids.org if you are planning to come so we can be sure to have enough chairs in the room.

See you next week,

Charmian

This announcement doesn't seem to indicate that the product is not finished.

GG

viggster

Folks are mixing up two movies. "Forgotten Plague" was made by Ryan Prior and is now finished. "Canary in a Coal Mine" is the film Jen Brea crowdfunded and is still working on.