• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

SMILE - Lightening Process - Trial Feasibility Study Published

Kalliope

.. and now some are getting organised in Norway (when things finally were starting to look bright due to the Consumer Ombudsman's new guidelines).. Those who have recovered from "ME or other conditions typical for medical unexplained symptoms as fatigue, pain and tinnitus" are welcome to join a network with other LP-coaches and ex-patients, led on by doctor (sic) Vogt, where they can continue their slandering of ME-patients fighting for biomedical research.

Here is their introduction of themselves in the newspaper Aftenposten;
Lytt til dem som har blitt friske
Google translate: Listen to those who have recovered
They even have a Facebookpage - Recovery Norge

Who knew an innocent wish for documented treatment could be so controversial and provocative for some? :confused:

CFS_for_19_years

Hoarder of biscuits
Those who have recovered from "ME or other conditions typical for medical unexplained symptoms as fatigue, pain and tinnitus" are welcome to join a network with other LP-coaches and ex-patients, led on by doctor (sic) Vogt, where they can continue their slandering of ME-patients fighting for biomedical research.

In case anyone needs a reminder, that is Henrik Vogt, who got into some Twitter-fits a year ago regarding the PACE trial:

.. and now some are getting organised in Norway (when things finally were starting to look bright due to the Consumer Ombudsman's new guidelines).. Those who have recovered from "ME or other conditions typical for medical unexplained symptoms as fatigue, pain and tinnitus" are welcome to join a network with other LP-coaches and ex-patients, led on by doctor (sic) Vogt, where they can continue their slandering of ME-patients fighting for biomedical research.

Who knew an innocent wish for documented treatment could be so controversial and provocative for some? :confused:

I wonder if tha could be related to the SMILE results? Odd timing.

Kalliope

I wonder if tha could be related to the SMILE results? Odd timing.
I think it has more to do with getting around the new guidelines from the Consumer Ombudsman. This way they can continue with their "recovery-stories" which the guidelines prohibited practitioners of alternative therapies to do. Also if they are organised I guess it will be easier for them to demand influence when the Health Directorate will review their guideline for doctors on ME.

Dolphin

I made a complaint too! I also asked for my money back I did everything they asked and it only made me sicker! They refused my refund! I explained how sick I was and said I deserved my money back and they offered me a free podcast that was it. It's disgraceful praying on poor vulnerable people who will do anything to get better. They make promises that you will and when you don't they don't want to know about it. So glad to hear about this new paper coming out.
https://www.facebook.com/TomKindlon...d=901140040034122&comment_tracking={"tn":"R"}

Tom Kindlon

Joan Mcparland

I remember chatting to you on the phone after doing LP Tom! Apologies if I said I was cured but by now you know why lol I've been posting about LP since hearing about the media onslaught expected from tomorrow.

Here's an account I wrote around 2009/10.

I think people should know just what LP is.

I am almost ashamed to say that I tried LP last year. After ten years of this dreadful illness I think my reasoning has become unreliable as I am so desperate to get better and get my life back to normal.

The great publicity given to LP as a cure for M.E. is hard to ignore and as you read the 'recovery' stories the thought of good health overcomes any misgivings you might have about this mysterious 'cure'. The fact that there is NO diagnostic test for neurological M.E. leaves one with the question of exactly who does have M.E. rather than chronic fatigue or depression. This miracle cure claims to cure a disease of which medical research has not yet found the cause (impossible).

The course consisted of three days from 10am until 2pm with a half-hour break for tea and biscuits (no lunch). The cost was £880.00 - plus two nights in a nearby hotel (as the coach advises to stay away from home and look on this as a life-changing holiday).

There were four people on the course, so that's £3520.00 for the coach for just over ten hours work. Not bad wages! The coach was very friendly, caring and convincing he could teach us how to recover. He told us he had recovered from M.E. after seven years and been in a wheelchair at one stage. Another lady who was learning to become a coach was taking notes and observing everything. She too told us she had had M.E. but was now recovered by the process.

We were not allowed to discuss the process with other sufferers but just to do it and recover. We were told to cut off all contact with other M.E. sufferers and when asked about LP to say we were cured. We were told to ignore symptoms and keep saying we were cured regardless. I know this sounds crazy but the coach was excellent at his job of VERY high-pitched sales and the people he was selling to were very desperate to get better. The product he was selling us was positive thinking; nothing more, nothing less.

The Lightning Process is:

Believe the Lightning Process will cure you.

Tell everyone you are cured.

Stand on paper circles with some key words written on them.

Learn to say a rhyme when you feel symptoms, no matter where you are, and as many times as it takes to make the symptoms just go away!

Speak in positive words and think with positive thoughts only.

Shout "Stop!" at every symptom.

You are responsible and choose to have M.E. - you must choose a life you love.

If the process is not working, you are not doing it right.

That's it, believe it or not. Sounds stupid, I know, but these are highly-trained life coaches and after handing over £880.00 we all tried really hard to give it our best shot. Not one of the four sufferers recovered and from talking to them I realised they were extremely sick, desperate people who, like myself, would do anything to get better.

It's sad that we have to revert to every charlatan who looks you straight in the eye and says they can cure you. Cure you of what? So we are back to the same scenario.

Until there is a diagnostic test for neurological M.E. no one can cure us. You cannot treat a disease until you know the cause.

Many people self diagnose M.E. Many doctors diagnose M.E. but the average GP has no training in the illness. Many people suffer from depression and would probably benefit from LP but I can assure you no one can cure neurological M.E. yet.

I hope my story helps others save their £880.00. Just send it to "ME Research UK", as with enough funds they will find the cause - and indeed cure - for neurological M.E.

https://www.facebook.com/TomKindlon...=901089030039223&comment_tracking={"tn":"R1"}