• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Smelling Farts Protects Mitochondria.

Ema

drob31

Just when I thought everyone was thinking outside the box. It turns out feces is the cure for everything:

Fecal matter transplant
Oral fecal matter "supplement"
Colon cleanse
Fart gas therapy

Dibs on selling fart gas "therapy"

drob31

I can see the infomercial on it now.

"Do you always feel tired? Run down? Need more energy?

Introducing Vital Gas.

Vital gas is painstakingly bottled in our factories where hundreds of workers slave away eating Mexican cuisine.

Each sample is independently tested and verified by our smell engineers.

By utilizing our patented inhalation mask, you can deliver the smell exactly where it needs to go!

To order vital gas, call now..."

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Dib's on the suit!

113259.jpg

barbc56

Now I'm worried. I can't smell my own farts and I'm not going to ask friends to fart for my health.:lol:

Seriously, saying this will reduce cancer and other diseases seems a stretch as this study was on cells.

Anyone have access to the study? I did find the press release.

http://www.exeter.ac.uk/news/research/title_393168_en.html

A related thread about exaggeration of press releases by academic institutions.
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...nd-academic-press-releases.34459/#post-540204

Thanks for the laughs! We are such a creative group.

Barb

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I have a very distinct memory from when I was a kid. The family was sitting in the small den watching TV when someone SBD'd. We blamed my mom who was horrified and never admitted it. If she only knew she was helping us?

perchance dreamer

There's a British company called Shreddies that makes fart-absorbing underwear. Their website shows male and female models posing provocatively, but no amount of vamping is going to make fart underwear sexy.

Americans lead in the purchase of fart-absorbing underwear. Go U.S.A.!

To drag down the tenor of this conversation further, I was recently sitting after dinner with our cat in my lap. She suddenly made an explosive noise, which startled her, my husband, and me. DH and I couldn't imagine what had happened since we've smelled, but never heard a cat fart before.

After awhile I got up and smelled something terrible. I looked down at my yoga pants, and found a small piece of poop. The cat had sharted!!!!!!

I had first heard that term in a Seth Rogen movie and thought it was a ridiculous concept, but my cat proved it's actually a thing. Now that's way more about her than anyone needed to know.

barbc56

I can't take this anymore! I am in pain from laughing. Okay that's something of an exageration and at leasr my body is releasing some endorphine!

I was talking to my sister this AM. Her husband is a hematologist/oncologist. He got on the phone and I was trying to tell him he could fart when he's with patients but wasn't able to get the story out without laughing. I finally told him I would send him an email. Fortunately, my sister told him I was laughing and not crying before turning over the phone to him.

As an aside he eats lots of food with fiber and has been known to clear out a room. Sorry, that might be TMI but I can't control myself atm, and that's not my bad since I didn't start this thread. Shame on you @Ema.:D Actuality, thanks!

What is it about farting that's so funny? Maybe Wessley et. al. should channel their research inclinations on this topic.:lol:

Some of you are probably too young, but who remembers the bean eating scene in Blazing Saddles?

Gotta go as I cant write and laugh at the same time.
Barb

barbc56

@perchance dreamer

Do you have a site for the underwear? I am unable to search, atm. If you don't have the time or energy, I will look as soon as I get control of myself.:D

ETA, I see you did put the name. Sorry!

Barb