• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

SMCI Storms DC, Makes Needs of ME/CFS Patients Known

Nielk

SMCI's statement "During over 30 advocacy meetings on Capitol Hill, we:.." is deceptive. SMCI under Carol Head only started lobbying on the Hill for the past year or two.

In years prior and under CFIDS Association, the org had stopped being an advocacy org - choosing instead to be exclusively a research org.

Nielk

Sounds like quiet the marathon week @Rowena Ilagan. Bravo to the team over there and all their hard work! 30 meetings in one week is amazing. It's great to have smci fighting for us.. not sure what @nielks comment about years prior has to do with last weeks success.

I just rechecked and realized that I misread. I thought they wrote 30 years of meetings! I apologize for the mistake. (This is what happens when I read and comment while dealing with a migraine).

Last edited: