Choline on the Brain? A Guide to Choline in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
http://phoenixrising.me/research-2/the-brain-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-mecfs/choline-on-the-brain-a-guide-to-choline-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-by-cort-johnson-aug-2005
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Smart drugs website?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by alice111, Sep 29, 2015.

1. alice111

alice111 Senior Member

Canada
  2. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon
    I don't have experience with that website, but I did make an order with this one, which I was satisfied with...

http://www.powdercity.com/

3. Snowdrop

Snowdrop Rebel without a biscuit

4. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
    Powder city is good. I've used them.

Www.powdercity.com

I got pitacetam. Didn't notice much. The thing with smart drugs is you should stack them.

Oops sorry @Wayne missed your post

5. PatJ

PatJ far and free I gaze

Canada
    I've never tried piracetam but have read about some potential side-effects.

6. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)

Piracetam made me sleepy , aniracetam was good but its been awhile. Pramiracetam was energizing as was noopept but tolerance happens quickly. Definitely worth a shot and used as needed.

7. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)

Ditto powdercity was the last place i ordered nootropics from. Theres a few good places around that have good products.

8. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon
    I've tried piracetam and found it to be way too stimulating, even in very small doses (about 1/10 of a capsule). So I tried aniracetam, which is supposed to be much more "relaxing". When combined with l-theanine, it was supposed to be a totally calming experience. I found that combination to also be too stimulating, even at very low doses.

So I re-tried L-Pyroglutamic Acid, the amino acid that all these nootropics are modeled after with various kinds of tweeks. It seemed like a more natural way to go, although I doubted whether it would be strong enough to make a difference. Turns out, I couldn't really tolerate that either, which I also find to be uncomfortably stimulating.

I have to say though, that before I got to the uncomfortable stimulating phase, I did notice and enjoy a certain degree of extra energy and mental sharpness that accompanied it. But for me, it's way too much like drinking coffee, or a bit too much coffee. I'm just better off without it, as it affects me (with sleep and more) long after it would for a normal person.

@alice111, If I were to recommend a way to start exploring nootropics, I'd probably suggest starting out with l-pyroglutamic acid. At the link above, you can get 30 tablets at Amazon for $7.33, a cheap and easy way to start. If that doesn't work, then maybe go to the tweeked nootropics from there.

What I like about the Powder City website is that it gives very thorough descriptions of all of them, so you can make a relatively well-formed opinion. But as with most things for pwCFS, what is generally true for normal people may not be the case for us.

All the Best, Wayne

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
    PatJ and ahmo like this.
  9. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    @heapsreal How did you decide which to try? What were you expecting? Was any of it useful long term? thx.

@Wayne I've just cross-posted w/ you. thx for this explanation.

10. alice111

alice111 Senior Member

Canada
    Since this topic is going to be honest I don't really understand what nootropics do...??? Can anyone explain this in a very brain fog friendly way :) ?

11. panckage

panckage Senior Member

Vancouver, BC
    powdercity like everyonbe else! :)
    @alice111 as a fellow Canadian it has reasonable shipping fees to here
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Nootropics/ is a great resource for nootropics info and vendor safety

I've bought about 10 supplements so far. noopept is the only one I think that may (or may not) work so far. If it does then I have found increased focus from it :D

12. alice111

alice111 Senior Member

Canada
    @panckage do u mind my asking which other ones you tried?

13. panckage

panckage Senior Member

Vancouver, BC
    It's copied and pasted. I'm too tired to edit it properly haha

Ashwagandha Extract (2.5% Withanolides) - anxiety
    B Complex Sublingual Liquid
    Caffeine Anhydrous - with L-Theanine ashwagandha
    Choline bitartrate - 500mg noopept headaches
    D-Ribose - energy, diarrhea?
    DHEA - made from yam or SOY
    L-Theanine - tea. For anxiety. As needed + caffeine
    Melatonin