1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Time Change Equals Jet Lag, ME/CFS Style
Jody Smith marvels at how much difference one hour can make to those with ME/CFS, as much of the world has endured The Time Change in recent weeks ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Slightly elevated red blood cell count

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by anniekim, Jul 22, 2011.

1. anniekim

anniekim Senior Member

U.K
    I found a copy of some blood tests I did quite a while back. I noticed it said my red blood cell count was high. 5.02 (ref range 3.80-4.9) so I presume 5.02 is only slightly elevated

My doc never said anything so I presume he is not concerned, but just wondering whether other people with m.e have elevated red blood cell count. Googling high rbc seems to suggest respiratory problems, alcoholism and high altitude, have none of these problems

Thanks in advance
  2. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    if it gets too high u could have a condition called hemochromotosis(spelling??) and it can cause significant fatigue etc, treatment is giving blood every 3 months, although they dont use it but throw it out or sell it to vampires. Its worth keeping an eye on it.
    and finding out if anyone else in your family has it as it can be genetic.

cheers!!!
  3. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
  4. Rlman

Rlman

Toronto, Canada
    I also have slightly elevated RBC since the start of illness, as well as elevated hematocrit and hemoglobin. Are those markers elevated for you as well? Are the RBCs still elevated for you?

See more popular forum discussions.