Professor & patients' paper on the solvable biological challenge of ME/CFS: reader-friendly version
Simon McGrath provides a patient-friendly version of a peer-reviewed paper which highlights some of the most promising biomedical research on ME/CFS ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Slides from James Coyne's Pub Pace talk

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Kyla, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Kyla

Kyla ᴀɴɴɪᴇ ɢꜱᴀᴍᴩᴇʟ

Canada
  2. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

Nice shout out to @Tom Kindlon at the start.

At this point, Tom's probably bored of the plaudits coming from world renowned researchers. To think that we knew him back when he was just an irritating patient who would do as he was told. Four whole weeks ago.

That all seemed pretty damn great. I was actually glad to see talk of modest steps too - it seems like he's going all in, and the issues around CFS and PACE can be so complicated that I almost feel some concern he might go too far (Coyne going too far in his criticism of PACE was not a worry I had four whole weeks ago).

I think that there are a lot of very interesting issues around PACE, and that it would make a good case study for people interested in a range of problems with psychological research.

3. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Those slides have had 1,000 views already!

moosie, Valentijn, ballard and 2 others like this.
  4. A.B.

A.B. Senior Member

Coyne seems to understand all aspects of the problem.

ME/CFS isn't the only illness where thinly disguised psychogenic illness bullshit is being promoted by researchers that seem to have no understanding of how to properly do research but are supported by the political establishment and industry lobby groups that stand to benefit. With Coyne on our side, awareness of this issue should grow rapidly.

moosie, ukxmrv, WillowJ and 11 others like this.
  5. Keela Too

Keela Too Sally Burch

N.Ireland
    Exciting times for sure!
    I was on Twitter last night hoping to follow the #PubPACE tag...

Unfortunately no Tweets were coming out of the talk in Edinburgh... Undeterred the ME crowd held their own pub party on Twitter!

And confident that @CoyneoftheRealm was doing a great job dissecting PACE and its surrounding issues, I must say a very jolly time was had by all! He he!

moosie, Valentijn, Esther12 and 3 others like this.
  6. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Kyla likes this.
  7. JayS

JayS Senior Member

After 2 years.

After 2 days.

See more popular forum discussions.