1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The ePatient Revolution
Ryan Prior shares his experience and his thoughts from attending the Stanford Medicine X Conference as he contemplates the rising of the ePatient Revolution ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Sleeping for the first time in my life - Amitriptyline

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by snowathlete, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Carola

Carola

So interesting - I wish I could understand all of the science here, but the above paragraphs in particular caught my eye, especially the mention of "well being" and "motivation," things I experienced after my first dose of amitriptyline for the first time in ages . I loved it. Then everything went into overdrive.

2. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    Is there any way to know what's going on without getting tested? If I do have low cortisol and high norepinephrine would taking supplements that lower cortisol make my problem worse or just not make things any better?

3. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    Hard to know without testing but at a guess many people with sleep problems have high night time cortisol, so trying something like phosphatidyleserine at 500mg could help, try to get it without anything else added to it as some have phos choline which can be stimulating. I think alot of us just have abnormal cortisol rhthyms with slightly low total cortisol levels. Could try boosting morning cortisol to help change this rhthym and block night time cortisol. just start low with anything that boosts cortisol eg pregenolone, isocorte etc.
    I have also read that some people have increase noradrenaline levels as the body uses this to compensate for low total cortisol and when hydrocortisol was used these noradrenaline episodes stopped/reduced. I think of cortisol basically as a long term adrenaline/noradrenaline, where adrenaline is for those short bursts of energy, so constant adrenal rushes u would think be trying to compensate for low cortisol. if u can try to get a 4 times a day saliva test, a morning cortisol blood test can only give u an idea on morning energy levels with cortisol which should be in the top of the normal range, if its in the normal range but low then this is also not normal/optimal and a sign of adrenal dysfunction.

Lotus97 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.