1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Sleep question

Discussion in 'Lifestyle Management' started by Live And Let Die, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Live And Let Die

Live And Let Die Senior Member

Las Vegas
    I have found that overall I do better if I only sleep for 5-6 hours a night instead of 8+. The longer I sleep, the worse I am the next day.

Is this the same for everyone else?
  2. tolduiwuzsic

tolduiwuzsic

South Carolina
    Yes, I find that as well. Also the quality of my sleep is better if I sleep those 5-6hrs during a certain time in the day. For instance I get the absolute-best-most refreshing-sleep without using a sleepaid from about 9am-3pm. But yes, if I try sleeping for more than 7-8hrs I experience worse fatigue and joint aches and pains, especially in the hips.
  3. justy

justy Senior Member

U.K
    Hi, i have heard of this with others people before. For me i need 8-9 to be able to function. If i only slept 5-6 hours a night i would go downhill pretty fast.
  4. jimbob

jimbob ME/CFS84-XMRV+

myrtle beach, s.c.
    same with me justy, at least 9 hours!
  5. Sallysblooms

Sallysblooms P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!

Southern USA
    Thankfully, I get 10 hours. After getting my hormones all balanced and getting the vit. d, seratonin up etc, I sleep so well now. You heal when you sleep so I need all I can get.
    [​IMG]

See more popular forum discussions.