August 8th, 2016: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
Jody Smith joins with other ME voices in honor of Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Sleep problems description in IoM report is more than just unrefreshing sleep

Discussion in 'Institute of Medicine (IOM) Government Contract' started by Dolphin, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

I finished reading the IoM report last night.

Although the heading "unrefreshing sleep" is used a few times, the descriptions used are often more comprehensive.

Here's an example from the Table 7-1: "Operationalizing the Proposed Criteria for Diagnosis of ME/CFS for Major Symptoms of the Illness"

Sleep in IoM with heading.png

SpecialK82, Sean, SOC and 7 others like this.
  2. Antares in NYC

Antares in NYC Senior Member

USA
    It describes perfectly every night of sleep I had (or rather had NOT) in the last 16 years.
    I think at this point it qualifies as torture.

SpecialK82, rosie26, merylg and 3 others like this.
  3. Antares in NYC

Antares in NYC Senior Member

USA
    Seriously, one of the things I miss the most is waking up on a Saturday morning after a long night of sleep, feeling completely refreshed, rested, energetic. Stretching every limb in your body, still recalling your dreams, content.

It's been so long I barely remember the feeling. It's a nebulous memory at this point, thanks to the brain fog.

SpecialK82, Valentijn, Sean and 7 others like this.

See more popular forum discussions.