• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sleep meds, wouldnt it be good??

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
lol, i thought you were going to ask your doc about flexeril?

Cant get flexeril in australia, but only online pharmacy which is expensive, but have used other muscle relaxers for sleep, tizanadine?? it helps alittle, good for those 3am wake ups and u just need a couple of extra hours sleep before going to work.

cheers!!!

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
ok, I found something new to try. non-pharmacutical. it's microcurrent (a little like TENS but much less of a current). It can be used to treat sleep and other difficulties as well.

my Navy friend says some military commanders have used it and are impressed; they've commissioned a study to investigate the use of microcurrent to treat veterans. she uses it, too, on herself and her family and they have good results. my sister's ND used it with her for fibro and it helped.

Dr. D should be able to help you get a machine, or you can look for practitioners here (international search). Some of them can program a machine with specific protocols for you. My friend says it's cheaper to purchase a machine from an ND [you'd need a prescription, at least here in the USA] than to keep returning for treatments. I've used it and have not run into any troubles. I haven't used it enough to really say whether it's effective for me, but I think at least the sleep setting helps.

Dr. Carol McMakin has published a number of studies. She's studied fibro and not ME, but some of the cytokines are the same. She's also studied the use of microcurrent in neuropathic pain, shingles, and delayed onset muscle soreness.

best,
willowj

@WillowJ is there anymore update about this? though im not sure if itll be available here in my area

i always heard about how drug for sleep/anxiety could damage ourself more if we use it :( so im worried to use it since also cause im quite young
have been consumed drugs, supplements the side effects wouldnt be good

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
@WillowJ is there anymore update about this? though im not sure if itll be available here in my area

i always heard about how drug for sleep/anxiety could damage ourself more if we use it :( so im worried to use it since also cause im quite young
have been consumed drugs, supplements the side effects wouldnt be good
amazingly, I have not yet tried that regularly. Sorry for lack of info. I liked using it at my friend's house.

any kind of drug or supplement could possibly be a problem if used long-term, but so can leaving things untreated.

I'm sorry there are not better options and I wish you the best.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
There are a variety of non-medical things that can help sleep. Some are:
Use your bedroom only for sleep and sex.
Have your bedroom completely dark or wear a sleep mask.
Wear earplugs (I think having your bedroom quiet is nearly impossible in this day and age).
Do non-stimulating activities before bed.
Wear blue-blocking sunglasses before bed. This increases melatonin.
Be sure you are well hydrated.
Do not eat a heavy meal close to bed.
Eat a small snack before bed that is high carbohydrate with a small amount of protein.
Do relaxation exercises or meditation before bed.
Listen to a sleep CD after you are in bed.

Neurofeedback can also help, but I think you need a neurofeedback therapist to do this.

There is a headband sleep monitor made by Zeo that tracks sleep quantity and quality. That might help you see what is helping and how much (if you can get them in Asia).

I don’t know as many non-medical things to do for anxiety. Improving sleep would probably help. An old book called Relaxation and Stress Reduction Workbook by Matthew McKay, Martha Davis, and Patrick Fanning might be helpful if it is still available.