• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

skip probiotics during SIBO protocol?

ebethc

I'm doing herbal abx tx for SIBO, and want to know if I should stop prescript assist (soil-based probiotics) until I am finished taking the herbs... what do you think?

Herbal antibiotics didn't help at all. I did a full month on biotics research fc fidal, dysbiocide, ADP as well as allicen.

Taking prescript assist is the one thing that has helped me tremendously. Herbal abx might help you depending on what bacteria is overgrown. The benefit often told by herbals is they only kill bad bacteria and don't kill "good bacteria" such as acidophilus. I believe I have an overgrowth of d-lactate producing bacteria which most herbals don't address. I would be interested in herbal that could kill off d-lactate bacteria. All I can find is maybe cinnamon could do the job.

ebethc

Herbal antibiotics didn't help at all. I did a full month on biotics research fc fidal, dysbiocide, ADP as well as allicen.

Taking prescript assist is the one thing that has helped me tremendously. Herbal abx might help you depending on what bacteria is overgrown. The benefit often told by herbals is they only kill bad bacteria and don't kill "good bacteria" such as acidophilus. I believe I have an overgrowth of d-lactate producing bacteria which most herbals don't address. I would be interested in herbal that could kill off d-lactate bacteria. All I can find is maybe cinnamon could do the job.

what are the dosages of the 4 herbals that you mentioned, and how long did you take them? I might give your protocol a try myself..

what makes you think that you have d-lactate in excess?

I have constipation, which drives me crazy... I have to take probiotics just to go, which gets expensive... taking expensive herbs for a month or two would be cheaper in the long run... Prescript Assist is excellent.. It makes me tired, though, so I can't take it in the winter.. It's excellent for a gut infection..