• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Skin Brushing Instructions For Lymphatic Drainage

aprilk1869

A number of years ago I had an enlarged lymph node in my armpit and someone suggested I do skin brushing. Well, 3 days later it had gone so I assume it either went away on its own or the skin brushing actually did work.

Most instructions on the internet are junk but these are the instructions that I followed and they're really detailed. It's a very long article so you'll need to scroll down half way to find them. (The website no longer exists so I've linked to the archive version.)

http://web.archive.org/web/20080514...gsmarter.com/health/natural/skin_brushing.htm

I think it's a potentially very powerful technique with very little expense involved.

Jenny

I always feel better for a couple of hours after doing all-over skin brushing.

But I've just started seeing Raymond Perrin for lymphatic drainage massage and he said it's not a good idea as the toxins that are mobilised during the brushing have nowhere to go (unless you do a proper lymph massage afterwards). So he advised me to stop for the time being.

Just passing on his opinion.

Jenny